Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processing time?

Hello everyone,

I am interested in enlisting with the guard as 68W in the state of Georgia.

It started to kick in here, she never returned my calls or messages for about two weeks. Finally she picked up and we set up an appointment.

We sat down and she offered to talk about OCS programs but I knew going in that I wanted to do Basic and AIT and have time to finish school and enroll into the SMP in conjunction to the ROTC program.

We started filling out paperwork, i forgot to jot down the form numbers but it asked pretty much yes no questions and to explain your yes'. I had to put down yes for head injury ( sustained during ROTC event that was supposedly a minor concussion) and an ACL reconstruction done back in 2007.

She requested that I sent her the hospital discharge notes and everything related to my surgery. Immediately after leaving the office I scanned everything and sent it to her right away. She told me that it would take 2 days for anything under two pages and 5 to 7 days for anything more than two pages attached to the report.

It has been close to a month and I have yet to hear from her. I called her two weeks ago asking about the status and she has told me that she will contact me when she hears from wherever it is that they process these. I think I am at the point where they say I need to get waivers or not.

The question is, it has been way delayed and she isn't giving me much answers. I have been playing the game of being patient but this seems to be a little extreme?
    Can anyone give me any feedback on how long it took for them to get an answer on requiring waivers?
    Last edited by JasonH; March 16th, 2012, 06:37 PM.

Re: Processing time?

Longest I had to wait for a waiver was about 2-3 weeks (NGB) waiver, wasn't state. Thats just my experience for recruiting for a year, but I would try to goto her office (IF NOT A FAR DRIVE) and try to call her. If the recruiter doesnt answer, call 1800-GO-GUARD to find yoruself another recruiter. Good luck

Comment

Working...
    X