Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to get a feel for how I'd fare...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to get a feel for how I'd fare...

I guess this is mainly for Recruiters/veterans.

I'm a 27 year old male, 5'10", 180ish. I have a high school diploma and 2 years of college (no degree). I haven't taken the actual ASVAB, but I've taken a couple of practice versions and have gotten in the 70-80 range. I'm just wondering what jobs a recruiter might suggest for me. (right now i'm interested in MP)

Re: Trying to get a feel for how I'd fare...

Right now you meet height and weight standards (I believe the maximum weight is 185lbs for your gender, age, and height), and you'd be able to be a MP with a 70-80 range on the ASVAB as long as your line scores were high enough. I think the minimum is a 92 in the ST section. Just Google 'Army MP ASVAB standards.' A recruiter will give you a list of MOS's available in your state, you'll pick out which ones interest you, and then you'll talk about which ones you'd qualify for, which ones have openings, etc.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

If there is a 31B slot and you have an acceptable ASVAB score, the only other significant barrier to entry into MP would be a situation that would preclude you from receiving a security clearance. As far as another MOS, it all depends of openings.

Comment

Working...
        X