X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perforated Eardrum?

I am an Aviation Security major at Lewis University graduating in May and I am considering enlisting in the National Guard as military police. I have a perforated right eardrum that I have had surgery on several times to try to fix it unsuccessfully. I have also had one surgery on the same right ear to remove Cholesteatoma successfully. Will that disqualify me when I go through the medical exams? Are there waivers and am I likely to be granted one?
    Thank you in advance for your response,
    James Pankiewicz

Re: Perforated Eardrum?

I'm not 100 percent, but I know at meps they thought I had a perforated eardrum, due to having tubes in my ears, and the cmo at meps said it would DQ me.

Comment

Re: Perforated Eardrum?

Acording to the medical manual; d. Current or history of cholesteatoma (385.3x) will disqualify you from enlistment. The fact that you have history will prevent you from enlisting.
      In addition, e. History of any inner (P20) (CPT 69801-69930) or middle (P19) (CPT 69631-69636, 69676) ear surgery are also disqualifiers.

The posibility of a medical waiver depends on your state, but with having several issues, that makes the possibility more slim that you will be granted the waiver(s).

Comment

Working...
      X