X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Waiver information HELP

Hello everyone, I know you get these questions all the time, but I need some answers. First off I will give everyone some background information. I went to Navy boot camp in December of 2009. I hurt my back around Jan 25th, 2010 and they separated me shortly after. My first mistake was I told the Navy doc that I had a small back problem my senior year when I was lifting weights. I also told him I never even saw a doctor because it went away, but he still felt I deserve to be fraudulent. So they sent me home with a re-8 re entry code with JDA. Now re-8 does exist please don't tell me otherwise, many many people have argued with me that it doesn't exist because they cant find info on it. So I have waited my year and went to my local NG recruiter. He is a very good recruiter and has been nothing but helpful. He got me a waiver for my fraudulent entry and they sent me to MEPS. I passed everything in MEPS but the CMO told me I needed a consult. I went and I got my x-rays then saw the MEPS ortho guy. He looked over the x-rays and did some tests on me and he gave me a clean bill of health. Yet the CMO still wanted me to get a waiver from the NG just so MEPS isn't responsible. So the SSGT in the liaison (spelling?) office said he would send out my waiver the next day and said he thinks I shouldn't have a problem getting the waiver approved. So its been 2 weeks today ( I know it hasnt been a long time) and I was just wanting to know about how long it takes to hear back. I was also wondering if there is a way I can check on its progress and to know if the waiver people have a lot on their plate. Sorry for so much info just wanna make sure all questions are answered. Also the Navy separated me with Lumbago so just lower back pain (they did no x-rays or tests on me they just didn't want to "fix" me. My dad is a internal medicine physician and said I just had tight muscles in my back and said they shouldn't of sent me home.) Also so you know the state is INDIANA. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND ANY RESPONSES WILL BE APPRECIATED.

Re: Medical Waiver information HELP

any information?

Comment

Originally posted by mwarmy765 View Post
      any information?
      I don't have an answer for you. Give it some time, you may not get an answer in 45 minutes, but someone will answer you usually in 24-48hrs

Comment

oh ok my fault, im new to this forum, I wasn't sure how long answers here take.

Comment

could someone tell me about how long a waiver is taking to get back now a days?

Comment

I had a RE3 LFW (somewhat similar). It took a lot longer then two weeks to get squared away, but a lot of that had to do with the pre-work, not the actual waiver process. It sounds like you're on the right track. I would follow-up with your recruiter who is likely going to be your best contact on this.

Comment

Ive asked my recruiter before, and dont get me wrong he is more than helpful, but he tells me that when it comes to medical he cant even guess. Will it still take a long time if ive already had my fraudulent entry waived and ive already had my consult?

Comment

Ive asked my recruiter before, and dont get me wrong he is more than helpful, but he tells me that when it comes to medical he cant even guess. Will it still take a long time if ive already had my fraudulent entry waived and ive already had my consult?
                If everything else is already waived, when it comes down I'd imagine you'll be good to go. I don't know the status on accepting recruits with med waivers right now, but if it's open, you'll be golden.

Comment

If your recruiter isnt able to give you an answer and he is the one dealing with YOUR particular situation, what makes you think that you'll get a more accurate answer from people here? Same thing he said is true for us, we cant even guess...well, we could guess, but that is all anyone here can do. Also, why are you so sure you have an RE8??? Did your recruiter agree with you about that? Sounds like a typo on your 214 that should have said 3, or the 3 looks like a 8.

Comment

I know what my dd-214 says and also if re-8 didnt exist then why would meps and the ng accept a dd-214 that has a typo on it? Its not just my dd-214 that says re-8, I have hundreds of papers from boot camp that say RE-8. Also i know 50 other recruits that were seperated from Navy boot with RE-8. It does exist you actually have to look to find it. Im just trying to see if people with similar situations could give me a rough estimate im not asking for an exact length of time, just trying to get some information.

Comment

just re-read what I posted, in no way,shape, or form did I mean to sound dissrespecful. You just have no idea how many times Ive been told re-8 doesnt exist. I just had to make sure I explained it well. I apologize for that last post.

Comment

ok then...guess it's just a navy thing

Comment

That exactly what it is a Navy thing. I found an article about it when I google'd it and found an article on like the 50th page of the search. it said it was just a re code the Navy decided to try out for like 3 months then after that they got rid of it.

Comment

That's got to be frustrating in itself. Gotta love paperwork.

We're all trying to help, and we know you're anxious and ready to get the enlistment process going again, but the good SSG there is right, we have no idea how long your waiver will take. It could take a couple of weeks, it could take months. Of all the waiver threads I've read on this forum, I think two weeks was the shortest I've seen one accepted. You just have to be patient, keep in contact with your recruiter (though not obsessively, remember that you're not his/her only in-process recruit), and stay motivated.
                            Last edited by MPThink; February 16th, 2011, 10:51 PM. Reason: Knowledge is power.

Comment

Medical waivers take 2-8 weeks and in some cases longer. I personally have seen one of my applicants submitted for a medical waiver 23SEP10 and not get an answer until 3FEB11. If you are otherwise fully qualified, your recruiter will likely contact you within minutes of being told it was approved or disapproved. Trust me, I spend time every day ensuring applicants that they will be the first to know when I get more information. Trust in your recruiter, he/she is there to help you get back in! Good Luck

Comment

Working...
                              X