X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medical Waiver information HELP

thank you first sgt thats the exact info I was looking for. Well its almost been 3 weeks now so the waiting game continues. i will wait as long as it takes just hope I hear a yes from my recruiter.

Comment

Tough part about medical waiver's is work load that impacts time frame. NGB Medical personnel must completely review all pertainent documents. There is no way for your recruiter to know how long it will take simply because it depends on National Guard Bureau's work load. You can ask him every day, but believe me when I say there is no one he can even ask, unless he has personal connections at NGB. As long as all your other PULHES info are good and the MEPS Drs gave a recommend waiver remark. You should be good to go, but as your recruiter told you - "Be Patient". Best of luck. BTW you are correct RE-8 does in fact exist. IAW BUPERSINST 1900.8 a RE-8 Reenlistment code requires (for entry back into the Navy/Coast Guard) a COMNAVCRECRUITCOM WAIVER or Commander Naval Recruiting Command - Navy version of NGB Medical Waiver. Best Regards

Comment

hmmm how would i find out if the cmo of meps gave me a recommend waiver? Does that just mean he said the ortho guy put in a good word but he still wanted a NG waiver for me to be processed? AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FIRST SGT IVE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE FOR INFO LIKE THAT ON RE-8, I THINK I MIGHT PRINT THAT POST AND FRAME IT

Comment

If MEPS writes "waiver recommended" it means that the examiner thinks it is not a duty limiting issues. If he/she writes "waiver not recommended" you are done. Although NGB Medical Review Board has the final word. I had a young lady, with childhood asthma (pre-13yrs) no medication and participated in ROTC including all PT. Was determined by MEPS that she was most likely mis-diagnosed, marked her packet "waiver recommended" but when her packet went to NGB she was disapproved. Think best needs of the service and the individual, tough call they make at NGB not one I envy.

Comment

Thank you SFC for the reply, its been 5 and a half weeks now and ive finally realized just to relax and when the time comes i will get my answer. Everyone seems very positive about me getting approved which has helpped me a lot through this process. Im shooting for about 8 weeks hopefully I hear something back by then. I know it's being processed because I was in my recruiters office when he got an email saying he had to get something signed by an officer to keep me in the system? or something like that, that's how he explained it.

Comment

Working...
            X