X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gym shorts to meps

Would I be allowed to take a pair of gym shorts to meps to wear for the underwear olympics? I've looked around, but haven't found anything on the topic.

Re: Gym shorts to meps

Wear respectable clothing.

Your shirt WILL be tucked in to your pants. Bring a belt, so obviously no gym shorts.

Comment

I think he's asking about wearing gym shorts under his pants as his underwear. I'm 99% sure that's a no-go. You need to be wearing regular underwear, but ask your recruiter to be 100% sure. Part of the point is that they're going to watch you do goofy little things to supposedly make sure you're physically fit for service, and wearing gym shorts might hinder that. Don't be shy, everyone else will feel awkward too.

If I misread this and you're just talking about wearing shorts, Teuvil is right. That's definitely not allowed. You need to wear pants, closed toed shoes, and some sort of reasonable top (no tank-tops, no obscene/stupid sayings or graphics).

Comment

Oh, but you're wrong my friend. Wearing shorts is indeed allowed, it's just highly frowned upon and makes you look like a complete tool. Example:

I live in Indy and a couple weeks ago I had to go to MEPS to get a consult. While I was there, I saw this guy walking around in Nike basketball shorts and a t-shirt, I kid you not. I'm pretty sure it was in the low 20's outside as well. His excuse was, "Well, all of my pants were dirty." Of course all of the service members in just about every branch railed into him including the medical personnel. I thought it was hilarious to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin825 View Post
          Would I be allowed to take a pair of gym shorts to meps to wear for the underwear olympics? I've looked around, but haven't found anything on the topic.
          If you are worried about people seeing you in your underwear then perhpas the military is not the place for you. Be prepared to bare it all along with your platoon at basic.

Comment

Working...
          X