X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College and National guard

Hello everyone, I am newly interested but was wondering if I did college and national guard at the same time, would I just take classes and then randomly be deployed? Would doing Active first guarantee a lessser chance of being deployed during classes. It would seem to be a burden on professors to just leave in the middle of semester and return a year later. Thank you for helping!

Re: College and National guard

Alexah,
    Tens of thousands of people in the guard are going to school, including me. Yes, there is a chance of you being deployed, but you will PROBABLY know months ahead of time and be able to finish a semester, or know not to take classes the next semester. In the chance you that you only get a short notice before you deploy, ALMOST all schools will fully refund your tuition and allow you to drop classes without it affecting your grades or transcripts. Don't worry about the burden on your professors, they get paid enough, and the burden of YOUR service to our country is greater then theirs.

Active first is an option, but realize you probably wont be able to attend school full time while on active duty-lot of variables there though.

Comment

Re: College and National guard

SGT Nelson is spot on. In my case, we got a 1-2 month window of when our upcoming deployment would come within 9-10 months, so I definitely had time to finish my current semester and make the decision that I wanted to take a semester off. Do you always get that kind of warning? No, one of Nevada's other MP companies deployed on very short notice in the past, but your command will do its best to keep everyone informed to help out with jobs and school.

Comment

Working...
      X