X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to MEPS

Hi, I have been reading around in the forum ever since I began the process to enlist in the OHARNG. I found much of the information to be helpful and reassuring but now that I have been registered to post I want to know about what I can expect when I go to MEPS to Swear in and sign my contract. Should there be anything special for me to consider?

Re: Going to MEPS

i dont have first hand experience but ive heard from alot of people its a "hurry up and wait" type thing and alot of paperwork. get alot of sleep b.c its a long process.. oh an cant forget the rediculous duck walk they make you do.

Comment

Oh, I've already been through all of that. My processing was halted so that I could get medical clearance so It has been a long process up until now where all I need to complete is the final steps towards enlistment. Specifically what I want to know is when are you actually given a choice between the jobs you're qualified for and how the final contract works.

Comment

You will sit down with a counselor, and go through your paperwork. You're recruiter will have already filled out what mos you will be given. There will be a few things you sign. He'll print you off a copy. You will sit in a room. An officer (perhaps, a chaplain candidate? will come in and lead you through the ceremony process.......

You'll get goose bumps then go home........and realize what you just have done. hahahaha nah man, it's going to be awesome.

Comment

Just Finsihed yesterday. After you clear the medical floor you will go in and wait to sit with a counselor depending on how good of a recruiter you have (mos and paperwork completed) you will select mos from a list that you are qualified for (based on your PHULES score, ASVAB, etc.) then based on the MOS you choose, if it requires security clearence you will meet with a security guy that will make a determination on that aspect. Once you get though this part you will then be finger printed, sign benefits papers, then go and wait for the searing in ceremony. They will tell you to call room to attention for officer performing the swearing in (this officer is also the one that signs your contract) you will swear in then verify your contract and sign.

Comment

Ridgerunner, if you are prior service why are you E2?

Comment

Went in on a 2 year active as E1 made E3 and was on hold to take test for E4 (no slots open for my rating) and had a fresh out of school Ens. say I did something I did not. Was told that Officers in the Navy do not lie and that it must be true. So instead of re-enlisting and being stuck on that ship 4 more years with the same command I got out. That and per regulations (so I have been told) all prior service going back in with a different MOS go in at E2. Any reason you ask Sir?

Comment

those ditry ens....butter butter butter.....???? I was just curious......usually after 4 years you become a SPC at least....curious...

Comment

No problem Sir. I watched many many good officers get transfered of that pig for trying to lead. and its butter-bars sir lol. Besides after a 16yr departure I'm just glad to be back in if they told me I'd be an E1 for 6 yrs to enlist I would.

Comment

??? I get promoted soon, so I'm all HOOAH....HOOAH. yeah. Like in a month or two.

Have you ever thought about OCS?

Comment

yes but right now they are requiring 4 yr deg and im still working on that. But now that Im in Im going to work on getting the warrent program done

Comment

Ah well that sounds good too. Does yourr school have ROTC?

Comment

I think they do I just need to get a better job so I can go back and finish school 2 more years

Comment

ROTC pays a stipend and you can get extra for staying Guard. Plus the GI Bill, all in all it adds up, because you start getting drill pay as an E5 also......

Comment

Im looking into that for sure thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X