X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for advice.

Hey guys, I'm going to give you all a quick run down. I separated from the USMC in Aug of 01. My Re code is a RE 3P ( personality disorder). I don't have any disorders it was a excuse to get of back then. Well for the past 7 years I've been a veteran "POLICE OFFICER". I've worked undercover,received awards and currently on the Honor Guard team. My question is it possible for me to join the guard ? I've received mixed information from recruiters so far. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Looking for advice.

Well you're in luck. I'm a prior service Marine with the same discharge, although mine was for legit reasons and I completely disagreed with it (long story). In a nutshell, yes it is possible to get back in, and I'm in the process of getting in right now. If you want you can PM me the details of your situation, or if you don't care about airing out your dirty laundry, then I'll have no problem explaining to you the process you'll go through to get back in in this thread.
    Last edited by killbodies3027; January 25th, 2011, 09:09 PM.

Comment

I got into the army with a 3p from the marines in 05, but it wasnt for personality disorder or anything like that. From what i hear the NG isnt taking phych waivers at this time. I would get a few letters from a phych Dr's saying you are good now. What was your separation code?

Comment

His separation code is most likely JFX1, no doubt the same thing I have.

Also, neither recruiter nor any of the recruiters in his office have heard about the NG refusing psych waivers. Besides, if he gets medically cleared from a doctor he wouldn't necessarily need a psych waiver, just an RE code waiver which is what I'm doing.
        Last edited by killbodies3027; January 26th, 2011, 11:07 AM.

Comment

My separation code is HFX1. I've also been cleared by the Va Doc. One recruiter I've talk to said no on any psych waivers and the other one said yes. Killbodies I'm spending you a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by killbodies3027 View Post
            His separation code is most likely JFX1, no doubt the same thing I have.

Also, neither recruiter nor any of the recruiters in his office have heard about the NG refusing psych waivers. Besides, if he gets medically cleared from a doctor he wouldn't necessarily need a psych waiver, just an RE code waiver which is what I'm doing.
            Just wondering, how do you know so much about whats going on with this guy?
            If you look up the AR- 40 51 it will say "history" not enless you are cleared by a dr. is disqualifying i hope your right, but don't thinks so.

Comment

Working...
            X