X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGR Waiver

Is there a waiver authorized for someone to enter onto an AGR tour who voluntarily resigned within the last 12 months.

Re: AGR Waiver

I doubt a waiver is needed. The AGR Officer &/or AGR NCOIC could hire any Soldier that qualifies. Why did the Soldier "voluntarily" quit ?

Comment

Originally posted by Squash View Post
      I doubt a waiver is needed
      You doubt wrong

NGB Waiver needed from what I've read on many AGR job listings, dont know the reg that's pulled from though.

Comment

Originally posted by Squash View Post
        I doubt a waiver is needed. The AGR Officer &/or AGR NCOIC could hire any Soldier that qualifies. Why did the Soldier "voluntarily" quit ?

What does that have too do with a wavier request? Pick one...unhappy with job, office politics, or all of the above!

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
          You doubt wrong
          Yeah i seem to be wrong a lot. I've recently been approved for an AGR job and i don't remember any mention of a waiver.
          Last edited by Squash; January 22nd, 2011, 11:22 PM.

Comment

I have never seen a AGR fired. I have seen 3 asked to "quit/resign". Its a option they give before you are fired in most situations. The one year is pretty manditory, never heard about it being waived. I have also never heard of a AGR coming back on with the same unit. A lot of time Unit politics come into play. They will have to go through the same hiring board like everyone else. I was on a board when a situation like this came up. After the board, we called the prior unit to get the scoop. So, more than likely, if this person left on bad terms, they are fighting up hill.

Comment

An answer given to me on full time work by three different people high up on the chain at Brigade... "its a priviliage, nothins' gettin' waived" but it wasnt in regards to the wait period after resigning I can imagine its going to be the answer across the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Squash
                Hey, brother, i wasn't trying to tick you off.
                It's fine, Para is always touchy and quick-to-be-defensive on this board.
                Last edited by SFC_Wilson; July 25th, 2011, 12:36 AM.

Comment

As far as I know, no. When you resign that is the authorized waiting time. In 5 years AGR I have never heard of anyone resigning and coming back any shorter than that.

Comment

Working...
                  X