Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Med Waiver Strategy

Good day all,

It is hard to find good gouge on medical waivers but I just have a quick question on having a condition corrected and timing for applying to the guard:

Say somebody has a waiverable condition. Can they apply for a waiver while still having the condition, be denied, have the condition corrected and then join? Is a waiver denial permanent even after an underlying condition has been repaired?

I am looking at one of two scenarios of joining and was wondering if one has any advantages over the other. First one would save me money, time and surgery if it is possible.

A) Apply to enlist in Guard. Request medical waiver. If waiver is accepted, join the guard and leave condition uncorrected. Only have condition corrected if waiver is denied. Reapply to enlist in Guard.

B) Have condition corrected. Apply to enlist in Guard.

Re: Med Waiver Strategy

whats the condition first off...

Comment

I hear that if your medical waiver gets denied and then say your condition changes, you can reapply with supporting documentation. What is the condition?

Comment

If it's a waiverable condition, then the very fact it's waiverable means you might be able to enlist. Is a waiver denial permanent, even if you get it fixed? Probably not.

You should contact a recruiter, and speak with them.

Comment

Originally posted by blackburn View Post
          Say somebody has a waiverable condition. Can they apply for a waiver while still having the condition, be denied, have the condition corrected and then join? Is a waiver denial permanent even after an underlying condition has been repaired?
          Entirely dependent on your condition. Sorry...

Comment

Working...
          X