X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To any/all recruiters

So my story is no different from any other. Im prior US NAVY discharged with General Under Honorable RE-4 for misconduct. To cut the B.S. out, I hope to join the guard to bounce back from my past mistake and maybe after my service with the ANG, to join the Marines. Im currently in a community college to be a photographer & volunteer for the Red Cross & USO. I know most people would tell me to just move one with my life. But ive seen other people with my condition have a second chance. To my knowledge, no state is CURRENTLY working to waiver an RE-4. I was hoping to find a recruiter who would be willing to help me, even though no state is accepting waivers, I am wondering if a recruiter would be willing to help me with the paperwork so 'IF' a slot does open Id be ready to put my foot in the door, so to speak. I would take ANY MOS in ANY state to have such an opportunity to serve my country again. Sounds a little desperate but i dont care. Ill claw with my fingernails and shed blood to have the chance to redeem myself, my country, and my family.

Re: To any/all recruiters

I don't have an RE 4, but i feel you man!

Comment

Your best hope is to get it changed. Contact the NDRB.

It came out this past week, that they are reducing the size of both the Army and Marines by 47,000 starting in the next couple years.

It's about to become really hard to get in, even for well qualified applicants.

Comment

The LT is right. Get you DD214 upgraded ASAP. NO RE-4's will EVER be allowed back into the military.....until they change the requirements again. I have a lot of USN vets with RE-4's and ALL are requesting upgrades. Even if you want to get into the US Postal Service, you need an upgrade so get to it.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT_CONLEY View Post
          The LT is right. Get you DD214 upgraded ASAP. NO RE-4's will EVER be allowed back into the military.....until they change the requirements again. I have a lot of USN vets with RE-4's and ALL are requesting upgrades. Even if you want to get into the US Postal Service, you need an upgrade so get to it.
          Ever, may be an exaggeration. Until WW 3 perhaps.

You can hire a lawyer to help you get it upgraded, it may not be worth it though, you can do it yourself it just takes work.

Comment

Working...
          X