X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch from 19d to 11b?

Greetings all. I enlisted back in December and I ship in February to Knox. Ive been considering a great deal as to what I want from the service and I'm beginning to feel infantry would be better for me. Am I able to switch now? Or will I have to wait till after BCT?

Re: Switch from 19d to 11b?

Originally posted by Hoshi View Post
    Greetings all. I enlisted back in December and I ship in February to Knox. Ive been considering a great deal as to what I want from the service and I'm beginning to feel infantry would be better for me. Am I able to switch now? Or will I have to wait till after BCT?
    May be able to switch now, but IMHO, it's not worth it. Go to 19D, then if you really want to switch, reclass.

Comment

possible, but not very probable, especially if you leave in Feb.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
        possible, but not very probable, especially if you leave in Feb.
        This is really the best answer you'll get here.

Comment

Yea I heard it costs the gov a lot of money to get you to sign your contract and all that good stuff, so if you ask your recruiter to switch you specially this late. He might be a little lot displeased.
          Last edited by SFC_Wilson; July 26th, 2011, 01:13 PM.

Comment

If you haven't even gone yet, how do you know you want to switch? My bro in law was a 19D for a few years and loved it. Had a lot of fun, they do a lot of similar work as infantry and even do some recon work as well.

Comment

Working...
            X