X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally: Studying for ASVAB

It's nearing two years since I initially tried to join the National Guard. January 26th I will be taking the ASVAB. I was hoping some of you could provide me with sources or point me to materials I can use to study for the test.

Thanks.

Re: Finally: Studying for ASVAB

Google for an ASVAB study guide, or go to your local library and check them out. I'm sure this has been covered on this site; there may even be a link to online study guides.

Besides that, just practice with the questions, don't try to memorize specific answers. Just get used to the manner in which they are asking the questions, and how the math formulas work. Don't overthink it!!

Good Luck!

Comment

That was not very helpful.

Comment

The SSG was saying... run a google search; do it yourself.
        If you're too lazy to run a google search, you might be too lazy to study for the test.
        Last edited by Squash; January 18th, 2011, 05:55 PM. Reason: Hooah

Comment

That was actually incredibly helpful. If you google 'study for ASVAB' or 'ASVAB practice' you get 159,000 and 197,000 results, respectively. That's nearly 400,000 "sources or materials" to help you with the test.

Comment

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ASVAB+study+material

Comment

When I first took the ASVAB in 1990, I was 17, in high school and just wanted to get out of three periods of class. I scored a 47 and became an ABF in the USN. That equates to a 92F in the Army. Anyway...when I decided to request being a recruiter, I needed a higher ASVAB score. My wife bought me "THE ASVAB BOOK FOR DUMMIES" & "THE ASVAB MATH REVIEW". I highly recommend both of them.

Comment

Working...
              X