X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Information and MEPS

I am in the process of trying to get a medical waiver because i was rejected from MEPS for a seperated shoulder. i dont have problems with it and it was done 7 years ago playing football. No consultation was given the doctor just outright said no after the medical records were reviewed. If my waiver is denied by the NGB, i basically will not be able to join the NG. My question is, do the records i submitted to MEPS stay on a permanent record of some sort? I know people can try to get into any other service and the waiver process is seperate for each, but i want to know if those records will follow me if i try to join the army reserves? If not i would like to tell the recruiter/MEPS that i have no records and just go get a new examination to prove that i am healthy and there are no problems. obviously, i cant do that if the records will show what i have submitted. Does anyone know if MEPS keeps that info? Thanks for any help.

Re: Medical Information and MEPS

MEPS will keep your info until you ship out.
    Be honest with all recruiters. The rules are there to protect you and us.
    Have you been trying to enlist since 2007?

Comment

Re: Medical Information and MEPS

I have been wanting to enlist, but needed to finish up college first. What if the waiver is denied? Does MEPS still hold on to medical information, because if it is denied i will not be shipping anywhere.

Comment

Working...
      X