X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active First

Just a quick question, the Guard website didnt state any specific length. If you choose the Active First enlistment option, how long will you be placed on active duty? I heard it was for 36 months. Is that correct? 11B would be the only job that would interest me if I was to go that route. So is it, I go active for 3 years and then I drill with a ANG unit for 3 years then my obligation is completed? Thanks for any info.

Re: Active First

Originally posted by tomatoe View Post
    Just a quick question, the Guard website didnt state any specific length. If you choose the Active First enlistment option, how long will you be placed on active duty? I heard it was for 36 months. Is that correct? 11B would be the only job that would interest me if I was to go that route. So is it, I go active for 3 years and then I drill with a ANG unit for 3 years then my obligation is completed? Thanks for any info.
    Hi,
    Active First is great option in my honest opinion and i would highly recommend to use it. 11B will qualify for bonus and all the perks. Even if you will change your mind (before going to the OSUT) you can renegotiate contract when drilling at RSP to drop "Active First" option...you can't go wrong with this "program". I think you can enlist for 30, 36 or 48 months. At the end if you will transition to NG you will receive final portion of the bonus. Hopefully someone will post for you most current bonuses table for AF...good luck!

Moderator edit: The Active first program is currently closed.
    Last edited by SFC_Wilson; July 26th, 2011, 03:52 PM.

Comment

currently no bonuses for Active First.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
        currently no bonuses for Active First.
        If that's the case then i would suggest to OP to check with the AD recruiter. You are thinking about active duty anyhow and with AD you will have a better chance to get Airborne school or even option 40 in to your contract which is impossible to get when enlisting with NG. They also offer bonuses for 11B.

Comment

thank you all for the responses. I will have to look into this a bit further.

Comment

Working...
          X