X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of State RSP

I go to MEPS next week and that is when I will find out when I am shipping to BCT. That being said I assume it will be after the new year and as such I will have to do RSP. The thing is I am joining the Alaska National Guard and currently live in New York, my recruiter has said that I will just do it in New York but isn't sure how it will work out. I am wondering if there is anyone out there who has done anything like this before or are there any recruiters in New York that might be able to help out in any way. I have full confidence in my recruiter but if I can get it figured out before its an issue that would be best I assume.

Re: Out of State RSP

Originally posted by FireRescue View Post
    I go to MEPS next week and that is when I will find out when I am shipping to BCT. That being said I assume it will be after the new year and as such I will have to do RSP. The thing is I am joining the Alaska National Guard and currently live in New York, my recruiter has said that I will just do it in New York but isn't sure how it will work out. I am wondering if there is anyone out there who has done anything like this before or are there any recruiters in New York that might be able to help out in any way. I have full confidence in my recruiter but if I can get it figured out before its an issue that would be best I assume.
    Did you ever get any answers on this? I'm currently in a similar situation.

Comment

Originally posted by tayscore18 View Post
      Did you ever get any answers on this? I'm currently in a similar situation.
      you can set it up between RSPs to split train in different places. In VA, we had kids from FL, MN, NY, and other places who were in school down here or whatever do their drills with us

Comment

You will have to go to the state for which you wish to enlist. For example, he couldnt enlist in the Alaska NG from the New York meps. Now, once you are enlisted, it is possible to drill with an RSP from another state if you are living somewhere else. It just has to be coordinated between the 2 RSPs. You "may" also be allowed to courtesy ship from the state you are drilling as well. That is not guaranteed so you should know if you enlist in a certain state they may require you to ship from training from that state.

Comment

Working...
        X