X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSP for a year

I just enlisted, and go to Basic next summer while I finish up my Senior year. My question is will I go to RSP the whole year until I get shipped out?

Re: RSP for a year

yep you sure will! I've been in RSP for 8 months now lol can't wait to ship out already

Comment

That's a lot of drills in white phase. Have fun. You'll be an RSP pro by the time you ship.

Comment

Not too uncommon. I enlisted in a June month, and didn't ship until 2 Octobers after. It still counts as time in service. Make sure to use this time to achieve E3/PFC before shipping.

Comment

I was in a year before I made the switch. RSP is good stuff. I love it.

Comment

Does RSP really count for TIS? My RSP Cadre said it didn't. I've been in RSP since last November and don't ship out until this coming January

Comment

Originally posted by jc091393 View Post
              Does RSP really count for TIS? My RSP Cadre said it didn't. I've been in RSP since last November and don't ship out until this coming January
              All signs point to yes for me. I was in RSP after basic. The bottom line is if you go to drill, you're doing your service.

Comment

Yes, it counts for TIS, but not for your promotion. The TIS for promotion starts when you start basic.

Comment

Yeah, I just got the beginning paperwork done for enlisting and I'm heading to MEPS in a couple days for the ASVAB and to be sworn in and everything. I'm in the exact same boat you are! I'll be doing RSP till about August or September 2012 so that I can graduate college and (hopefully) move back near the north shore with my husband :]

Comment

Working...
                  X