Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First RSP in less than 24hrs...

And so it begins.
    I was told to pack toiletries,Sneakers,Sleep Garments and a sleeping bag or 1 sheet & a blanket. Thats it. My recruiter told me i would be issued a PT uniform and other than that no other information.

Heading to Camp Smith tomorrow i'm excited yet a bit nervous...and this isn't even basic! lol. Oh yeah i'm taking the PT portion of Stripes for Skills this weekend as well...How i will do on the 2mile is up in the air. vie been pulling between 18-19min on the treadmill all week so all i can do at this point is try and give it my best.

I will post me experience when i return Sunday.

Be safe everyone.
    HOOAH!

Re: First RSP in less than 24hrs...

Originally posted by CivilianNYC View Post
    And so it begins.
    I was told to pack toiletries,Sneakers,Sleep Garments and a sleeping bag or 1 sheet & a blanket. Thats it. My recruiter told me i would be issued a PT uniform and other than that no other information.

Heading to Camp Smith tomorrow i'm excited yet a bit nervous...and this isn't even basic! lol. Oh yeah i'm taking the PT portion of Stripes for Skills this weekend as well...How i will do on the 2mile is up in the air. vie been pulling between 18-19min on the treadmill all week so all i can do at this point is try and give it my best.

I will post me experience when i return Sunday.

Be safe everyone.
    HOOAH!
    I really wanted to goto this one. Jesus, I had my sleeping bag etc ... ugh.

Shipping out next month though.

Comment

Treadmill times are alot different than regular running times. Regular running is also harder, different terrain throughout the run makes it harder, and also you get tired alot faster. Pace yourself, it is not advised to walk. I advise bringing a watch and running 4 minutes straight, mild jog for 30 seconds run 4 minutes straight again and so forth, its how i passed, and i smoke x.x

Comment

Only using a treadmill can skew your actual times as it is more like a 'human hampster wheel'; if weather is bad and you use a treadmill, put it on a slight incline to more simulate running outside.

And even if you slow to trot....do not WALK during your PT running test. I have personally witnessed only bad things come of this from the Sgt's....LOL

Keep moving and don't quit!

Comment

Well...Had my First RSP Drill this past weekend at Camp Smith in NY and it was GREAT!!!!!
          I would figure if i had to put it into a percentage it was most likely 40% of what BCT may in fact be. The SGT's and Soldiers there were Outstanding! Very stern yet helpful in helping us start to understand what is necessary for BCT and our future military career.

D&C, Repel Tower, Simulated Firing, PT & yes we got a very small SMOKE! we also learned some history and everything else that we were supposed to know for the first phase of RSP. On my assessment PT exam i scored a 47 in push ups in (1min) 42 sit ups (1min) and 1 mile run in (8:20) so i need some more work on certain things but i ship mid August so im gonna keep at it!

To all those who still have questions or fears on what to expect at BCT i really suggest asking your recruiter for the ARNG "Battle Book Extreme". In it is all the things you NEED to know before you step foot on that flight/bus to BCT and a very informative DVD called "THE WAY OF THE WARRIOR FROM RSP TO BCT". I think EVERYONE should see this 1hr DVD! It really gives an inside view of what happens from Reception up till graduation!

I took the liberty of uploading the DVD myself for those interested! Click the link below:

http://youtu.be/mIB6fInvsSU

Comment

Working...
          X