Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First RSP

Hey everyone!

So my first RSP is this weekend, and I have been getting alot of weird mixed re-actions. I kind of know what to expect and i dont...? I know there is going to be alot of PT and paper work but what else? I know we get to paintball, but thats about it. Also i want to know what i should bring? I know basics like tooth brush, razor, pillow. I know my Seargent said i will be getting a temporary uniform so im not always walking around in civi's till July 25th which is my ship date.

Another thing i am curious about is stripes for skills... Does that come in to play at basic or what?

After next weekend's RSP i will also post for you what i did and what not.

Re: First RSP

Just go into it with an open mind. Talk to your recruiter and he will tell you what exactly to bring.

As far as Stripes for Skills goes, it doesnt come into play in basic. If you pass it it should get you to E2 and thats about all it does for you. But the information you need to know will come into play. Memorize the Soldier's Creed and your 3 General Orders and you will be a step up on the majority of the people there.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Relax, and just have fun. Keep your eyes and ears open. Let us know how it goes. Everyone has some type of different experience. Thank you, for serving.

Comment

I am in the same boat... My main problem is I do not know what to wear. I got a red, white, and blue pt type uniform but I am not sure if I wear that the whole weekend or if I bring my own clothes to change into or if I am issued another uniform to wear. I doesn't seem right that we would do pt in it, take a shower and put it back on, and sleep in it, then do it all over again the next day...

Comment

im sure you get your ACU's at your first drill...

Comment

Originally posted by Masecase View Post
              im sure you get your ACU's at your first drill...
              From what I've read, that's dependant upon your RSP unit. Moreover, those ACUs need to be returned before you ship to basic.

I go to my first and last RSP this weekend, and my recruiter made no mention of any PT uniforms or ACUs being issued.

I'm more curious to see when they test us on the 1-1-1 this weekend.

Comment

Im not good with time so there is no times. Just in order of what we did.

Arrived at 8:15

1. Wore our RSP PT uniforms, stood in formation for about 30 minutes while we waited for the scragglers.
                2. After all 49 of us were in formation, we learned basic commands (for those of us whos first drill it was)
                3. Moved formation for warm ups for PT
                4. 1-1-1 (It was awesome, everyone was extremely supportive.
                5. Formation ( after formation we were issued paintballing gear)
                6. Loaded up for paintballing
                7. We arrived at our paintballing spot, in which we had 4 stations (1. Spotting target and how to point and shoot) (2. Wedge formation for Alpha and Bravo)
                (3. Continue of Wedge) (4. If im not mistaken its called 3-5 second drill)
                8. Went back to armoury, had formation
                9. Counseling
                10. Dinner
                11. Cleaned the paintball guns/gear
                12. Formation/commands
                13. Sgt's. time
                14. Lights out at 10:30

Woke up at 5 in the morning
                1. ACU's, and formation.
                2. Breakfast
                3. Formation
                4. Briefing
                5. Cleaned Armory and left.

Overall this RSP was easy, besides the fact that i missed my girlfriend. We didn't get smoked at all. The Sgt's. Made it extremely easy and pleasent, they really liked the briefing on "Dont ask dont tell" You can only imagine about 10 Sgt's walking around for two days talking like they were apart of "the other life style" as they put it. By the way, the food was amazing, delicious!

I dont really know what else to add :/
                Last edited by JoeFrison0122; May 18th, 2011, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeFrison0122 View Post
                  they really liked the briefing on "Dont ask dont tell" You can only imagine about 10 Sgt's walking around for two days talking like they were apart of "the other life style" as they put it.
                  I'm glad you had a good time, but I'm very disapointed with the poor level of professionalism the NCO's showed at your drill. There was actually just an article I read this week about some officers that got in trouble for acting like this as they were dealing with the DADT briefings.

Comment

All i can say NCO is drill is not what i expected.

Comment

Working...
                    X