X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Phase?

Hey everyone.I'm shipping to basic training in June and I'm doing split option so I'll be in RSP for another year.I'm just wondering what Green Phase is like compared to Pre-BCT drills.

Also is there anyway to drill with my actual unit before AIT instead to learn more about my MOS and what kind of stuff I'll be doing when I get back from AIT?

Re: Green Phase?

This is the list of classes that are taught in Green Phase:

What does the Flag Mean? The Army Song
    Detainee Operations "Search a Detainee"
    Urban Areas: Movement Techniques
    Urban Areas: Enter a Building & Clear a Room
    Cross Danger Areas
    Break Contact
    Convoy Operations
    React to Ambush
    Navigate using Terrain Association
    Locate an Unknown Point on a Map using Resection
    Locate an Unknown Point on a Map using Intersection
    Navigate from one Point on the Ground to Another While Dismounted
    Disassemble, Assemble and Perform a Function Check on the M249
    Disassemble, Assemble and Perform a Function Check on the M203

In addition to this list, you may do other training depending on what your RSP has access to. Also, you will not drill with your unit, you will continue to drill with your RSP.

Comment

Originally posted by jc091393 View Post
      Hey everyone.I'm shipping to basic training in June and I'm doing split option so I'll be in RSP for another year.I'm just wondering what Green Phase is like compared to Pre-BCT drills.

Also is there anyway to drill with my actual unit before AIT instead to learn more about my MOS and what kind of stuff I'll be doing when I get back from AIT?
      Green phase is where you will be required to pick up trash along the highways and in parks. Your basically going to be " Guarding the Enviroment " doing green stuff.

Comment

In my experience (which is just watching the green phasers from my RSP, since I didn't do split-op), in green phase you'll generally do the same training as everyone else, but more will be expected of you as a BCT graduate. You know more than the recruit that hasn't yet shipped to basic, you've made it over the first big hurdle. You should be given some leadership opportunities and you'll be expected to help your less knowledgeable battle buddies.

You cannot drill with your unit until you're MOSQ'ed. It's a liability issue, and you don't have all the know-how that you need to effectively train in a m-day unit before AIT.

Comment

I posted all the classes that are taught in green phase last night, but for some reason it needed "Mod Approval" and it still hasnt posted. I dont feel like doing it again. It contained no links so I dont know what needs to be approved????

Comment

Well, in Sacramento Green Phase chills with white phase.

Comment

Working...
            X