Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick

this thread has been way misunderstood, so nevermind
    Last edited by ChristianSoldier; April 13th, 2011, 05:17 PM. Reason: Peoples misunderstanding

Re: Sick

They issue a warrant, and away you go.......that's one possibility, if you don't tell anyone.

Comment

If you think you're to sick for drill then you need to go to the doctor. If you don't go to the doctor then you need to be at drill. If they think you're too sick to be there they'll send you home.

Comment

Better be sick enough to see a doctor...and be diagnosed with something serious or contagious. Your 1SG should be the real judge of tht.

This isn's highschool or your run of the mill job where you call in sick snd that's that.....

Comment

Chain of Command?

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianSoldier
            I really disagree with going to the doctor. In this economy thats the last thing I can afford, its the flu, and I dont want to waist my money going to the doctor to have him tell me what I already know. I would be broke if I did that.
            Then I would at least GO to drill and allow your NCO/Cadre assess your condition and they will make the call if you should be sent home or if you should tough it out. If they excuse you due to obvious illness that would interfere with you performing your training, then you are good to go and would probably just have to make the drill up on another date.

That's what I would do if I did not have the time or the money to go to the doctor prior.

Comment

I really disagree with going to the doctor. In this economy thats the last thing I can afford, its the flu, and I dont want to waist my money going to the doctor to have him tell me what I already know. I would be broke if I did that.
              It doesn't matter what you disagree with. If you call in to drill and tell me you are too sick to come in, then you better be seing a doctor. Otherwise, drag your coughing and sneezing tail into drill and I'll let the medic here make the call on whether or not you should go home. Like stevelord said, this isn't just any normal job that you can just call in sick because of a tummy ache. This is big boy stuff now, if you are not at drill and dont have documentation from a doctor excusing you, then you are considered AWOL.

I'm not trying to sound all mean coming down on you, but this is an issue that I deal with monthly so I dont really have a lot of patience with people trying to call in sick but not going to a doctor.
              Last edited by HR NCO; April 13th, 2011, 01:25 PM.

Comment

I actually just called them, I have to call back tomorrow. I have a 3 day drill this weekend and they said they might have me stay home.
                I'd still get a doctor's note....but that's me.

Comment

Its all good, my Cadre is really relaxed. Especially because they know I am a man of my word. I have the flu, he said that I am not the only one that called in with it.
                  Then why aren't you in bed instead of chatting on a forum? LOL (just kidding)

But seriously...I always tell my kids, (who ask when home sick if they can go on the computer) ''If you're well enough to go online, then you're well enough to go to school.''

Comment

I am going to school LOL. I cant fail anything. My NCO said that if I feel sick at all he might not want me to go because this week is a state wide drill that is supposed to give us a "taste" of BCT. Drill instructers, land nav, movements, marching, pt test, obsticle coarse, and more without any breaks. He said I need all the energy I can get so if I am at all sick its not a good idea to go.
                    That sounds awesome! I'd go even if I was sick!

HOOAH!

Comment

Ok, so you are going to school??? If you are going to school, you need to be at drill. I need to just quit reading this thread before the blood starts shooting out my eyes...you think you dont train in basic if you're sick?? Newsflash for you, you will be sick probably the whole time! Once one person in your PLT gets sick then it spreads and doesnt go away. Perhaps your cadre at your RSP are willing to hug you and tell you everything will be ok, but I can assure you that is not what basic will be like.

Comment

+1 to RSP NCO, I can't remember a time in Basic that I didnt' have some sort of sickness, constant sore throats, coughing, you name it. You will be sleep deprived and your body will be broken down, get used to it.

Comment

+2 That's absolutely the norm during IET. You're living really close to everyone, constantly working, not getting a lot of sleep, stressed out, and others don't always have the greatest hygiene. Get used to it, **** it up, and don't miss what you've already said will be a great weekend of training.

Comment

I am going to school LOL. I cant fail anything.
                            So you refuse to fail in school but you're willing to skip drill??

RSP NCO makes an excellent point. If you are well enough / able bodied enough and/or coherent enough to attend school (even online) or do homework, then you NEED to be at drill.

If the Cadre SEND you home because they feel you are a greater risk to yourself medically by staying, then they can and may make that call. But I would drag your germ infested bum there, if for no other reason to show your motivation in the face of adversity.

Remember, you might give money to your school, but you gave an oath to your country.

You must 'always place the mission first.'

NOTE: This is my opinion; its your call to make.

Besides, I'd sure hate to see blood come from RSP NCO's eyes

Comment

I'm going to have to agree with RSP NCO here... The not attending dirll due to sickness is Bull-hit. When you deploy are you going to be able to take a day off because you have a tickle in your throat? Train as you fight. You will be sick, you will be weak, you will be tired, you will be hungry. Welcome to the World of "no-pampering." You have to learn how to fight through these things. You should read the rules to passing schools like airborne, Ranger, and even AIT. If you miss a certain amount of time due to sickness, you get recycled or you get kicked out of the school. These aren't sickdays to use because you have a little cold or flu. Guys are in harms way in Iraq and Afghanistan and can't worry about being sick. Nor should you. Go to drill, deal with it. It's 3 days

Comment

Working...
                              X