X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I go to RSP if I am in the RFP?

I enlisted about two weeks ago and was placed in the RFP because my ship date isn't until the middle of August and I go back to MEPS at the end of April to redo my contract. I was wondering if I go to RSP in April or if my first drill will be in May?
    I am pretty sure my recruiter said I do not go in April but I haven't been able to get in touch with him and just wanted to double check. Better safe than sorry...

Re: Do I go to RSP if I am in the RFP?

This is from RSP NCO from http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...-Active-First?

"RFP= Recruit Force Pool

Basically the guards version of the Delayed Entry Program. If you enlist and your ship date is over 180 out then you will have to go back to MEPS once you are within 180 days of shipping and sign a new contract and be sworn in again and that is when you will start drilling at the RSP."

Its at the bottom of the thread from the link above

Comment

You can go if you want to but you wont get paid. You don't have to go though.

Comment

It will depend on your state, but you shouldn't be there because if anything happened to you(injuries) it would be an issue because the military couldn't pay for it.

Comment

Working...
        X