X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does anyone else have this problem

Just keep in mind that it could be worse. I've never experienced RSP because I came into the Guard as a prior-service Marine. The USMC does have a similar program, though. When you are in the delayed entry program you are grouped into a pool of local recruits awaiting shipment to boot camp. While in this status, you are referred to as a "poolee", and you are required to attend bi-weekly poolee meetings at your recruiter's office. These usually took place on a Wednesday evening with my recruiter, and we would go over recruit knowledge, Marine Corps history, drill, customs and courtesies, etc. and would occasionally receive little motivational talks from new Marines that had recently graduated boot camp. Also, we would be required to attend monthly poolee functions where all the recruiters in the area would get together with all of their individual groups of poolees, and we would usually do PT then have formal classes. This typically lasted for an entire Saturday each month. So basically, it was exactly the same as RSP except it was one Saturday and two weekday evenings each month. Oh, and by the way, there were no meals provided and it was entirely unpaid.

Comment

Thanks for clerifying sir!

Comment

I have no bar graphs, would you like one? lol anyway..... Lol thanks for doing that, I am not very computer illiterate, although I can shoot a weapon pretty well.

Comment

I had something similar when I was doing Marine PLC/OCS. It was a like for a couple of days. You had to have been sized for your marpats and had them. It was suppose to give you a taste of OCS. You stayed the night and you had to do firewatch and know your general orders and they taught you land nav. Did hikes with full gear, pt, and a lot of yelling.

I didn't go to Marine OCS so I don't know if it was comparable. You also didn't get paid for doing it and you had to buy your own uniforms.
          Last edited by MichaelPC; April 11th, 2011, 07:13 PM. Reason: change a word

Comment

Working...
          X