X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSP PT Uniform

I know that wearing ACU's outside of drill is frowned upon, and doesn't make a whole lot of sense anyway, but what about the RSP PT uniform? The pants and jacket are the only colder weather PT gear that I own at the moment, is it okay to wear them when I go on runs outside and stuff? They aren't they official Army PT uniform, and they have "1-800-GO-GUARD.COM" in big letters on the back so I figure it's like advertising while I'm running lol. I haven't worn them to run yet because I want to hear what people think first before I go out and do something I shouldn't be doing.

Re: RSP PT Uniform

Our RSP cadre told us to wear it proudly while doing PT because, as you said, it's like advertising. As long as you wear it properly (shirt tucked in, etc.) I don't see why you shouldn't use it. I wear the long sleeve, fake under armor-y shirt as my undershirt while playing hockey.

Comment

That's one of the reasons we give them to you...FREE ADVERTISING! Yeah...you can wear them, you should wear them everyday. That should be your only wardrobe. However...I wouldnt really call them "cold weather gear".

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
        That's one of the reasons we give them to you...FREE ADVERTISING! Yeah...you can wear them, you should wear them everyday. That should be your only wardrobe. However...I wouldnt really call them "cold weather gear".
        True. I'll call it "almost warm but still a little cold, spring weather gear". Thanks!

Comment

Perfectly appropriate. You earned it wear it proudly. Just remember what MPTHINK said and wear it the right way.

Comment

Is this the same for the regular army pt uniform?

Comment

I would suppose you could wear the regular army pt uniform to the gym, but I guess I'd ask you why would you want to? A civilian alternative is cheap and then you're not drawing attention to yourself. Personally, when I go to the gym it's before I've showered and shaved for the day, so I look scruffy, and that's not compatible with the ol' uniform. Just go pick up a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.

Comment

Agreed with Hanson, but if you do wear the regular Army IPFU to work out, make sure you're not scrubby looking, your shirt is tucked in, etc. Basically, look like you're proud of the big 'ARMY' on the front, and wear it properly.

Comment

Originally posted by MPThink View Post
                  Agreed with Hanson, but if you do wear the regular Army IPFU to work out, make sure you're not scrubby looking, your shirt is tucked in, etc. Basically, look like you're proud of the big 'ARMY' on the front, and wear it properly.
                  No question about it.. When wearing the uniform, be the standard. You neve know who is out there. I work out at a gym by me and the LTC of the infantry battalion works out there from time to time..

Comment

I understand. I was just curious. I have some other workout clothes that I use anyway, I was just wondering if it was frowned upon to wear the Army pts

Comment

Originally posted by jester View Post
                      I understand. I was just curious. I have some other workout clothes that I use anyway, I was just wondering if it was frowned upon to wear the Army pts
                      Not at all frowned upon! IF you want to wear it it's ok. It just has to be the complete uniform and you have to be in proper regs.... Shaved face, right hair length, etc. When I get up to work out at my gym I don't want to have to shave before hand lol.

Comment

It is the perfect jacket for the windy weather, so sometimes I throw it on for school.
                        I never even thought about asking first haha.

Comment

I've worn mine to the gym many times (always conforming to normal grooming standards) and it's been a real attention-getter / conversation-starter. There is a lot of interest out there to say the least, whether it's younger people interested in what the advantages for post-HS graduation options / college assistance, older folks like myself looking to better themselves / serve their country, or prior-servicemembers thanking you for your service / acknowledging you.

I only had one 'negative' experience doing it, a younger person asked me 'Why are you spending time running off to fight someone else's war?' - to which I replied 'I'm proud to repay a debt of service to this country and am honored to be able to invest my time to fight YOUR war.' They didn't have any follow up questions, shockingly.
                          Last edited by alphamikefoxtrot; April 4th, 2011, 01:31 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by MPArmy View Post
                            I know that wearing ACU's outside of drill is frowned upon, and doesn't make a whole lot of sense anyway, but what about the RSP PT uniform? The pants and jacket are the only colder weather PT gear that I own at the moment, is it okay to wear them when I go on runs outside and stuff? They aren't they official Army PT uniform, and they have "1-800-GO-GUARD.COM" in big letters on the back so I figure it's like advertising while I'm running lol. I haven't worn them to run yet because I want to hear what people think first before I go out and do something I shouldn't be doing.
                            Refer to 670-1

14-4 Occasions for Wear

The PFU and IPFU are authorized for wear on and off duty, on and off the installation, when authorized by the commander. Soldiers may wear all or part of the PFU or IPFU with civilian attire off the installation, when authorized by the commander.

14-6 General Guidelines

a. Soldiers may not mix or match PFU or IPFU items. When soldiers where either the PFU or IPFU as a complete uniform, they will keep the sleeves down on the sweatshirt or jacket, the legs down on the pants, and they will tuck the t-shirt into the trunks. Soldiers may not roll or push up the sleeves of the PFU sweatshirt or IPFU jacket. Soldiers may wear the sleeves of the PFU sweatshirt cuffed or uncuffed; they may not cuff the IPFU jacket sleeves.

I would imagine if this is the case for the PFU and IPFU, then wearing your National Guard PT uniform, as long as you are wearing it appropriately (i.e. shirt tucked in, etc...), is permissible off-duty. As my recruiter is a huge fan of the G-RAP program, he is all for us wearing our National Guard PT uniform where visible.

Comment

Working...
                            X