X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First RSP Weekend

My recruiter is a 4 or 5 time DS...even though I knew he is a cool guy getting shark attacked by a pro at it was a nice introduction to what is coming. It helped that 2 or 3 of the other Cadres there are also past DS's and none of them did any of it half heartedly and I'll tell you its wonderfully motivating.

Comment

Originally posted by PALINATHAS View Post
      Just to throw my 2 cents in, I found the shark attack simulation rather laughable at my first RSP weekend. It's a little hard to believe that your own recruiter, and the really nice people you just spent all day Saturday learning from, are now mean nasty people, who yell at you for NO REASON, or make up a reason to yell at you, and have you do a few exercises so you learn not to make that mistake again. I am sure it will be much more serious at BCT when it happens, but at RSP it didn't work for me. We did bring that up at the AAR that weekend, and the next month the Cadre tried much harder and the experience was better, with a lot more exercise, and a lot more Sgts yelling at you, but it still had an aura of half-heartedness, I guess because we still knew that we were not really in any kind of trouble, and as soon as 0800 hit we would be in formation and everything would be normal.
      Just curious, what state is that?

Comment

North Carolina. Again, I am not actually complaining about the experience, but just saying how I felt.

Comment

I thought the shark attack was okay. We were lined up and they asked us questions and if you got it wrong you went and got smoked and if you got it right you got into formation. I was all prepared for the questions that we learned (general orders, soldier creed, etc) so I walked up and they asked me what was the army birthday which I had no clue. So i got smoked, but oh well I got some PT since we actually didn't do it that day and learned the army's birthday so win/win I guess. Then they told us we had 20 seconds to line up with our stuff in formation, but when the sergeant started counting he went from 20 to like 16 and skipped so we had maybe 5 seconds. This happened at least 4 times. They explained afterwards that some tasks you are given at basic you are going to fail no matter what.

Comment

Sounds like you've got a good attitude about things, Rhodes. Hold on to that!

And yeah, DS's are all bad at counting for some reason.

Comment

Working...
            X