X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 drill

only get to go to 1 RSP drill (tomorrow) before I ship on 04/05/11. I was wandering if RSP drills help prepare you and will I be at a disadvantage from only getting 1 drill?

Re: 1 drill

That 1 drill will be very helpful. And no you wont be at a disadvantage. Alot of the guys in basic are active duty who had no RSP to drill with and will be coming in totally blind. You will be fine. Good Luck

Comment

Since its your only drill before leaving, you probably wont learn much about the Army, youll just spend your time doing paperwork and waiting around

On second thought, yeah you'll learn a lot about the Army.

Comment

Originally posted by cgibsonrox View Post
        only get to go to 1 RSP drill (tomorrow) before I ship on 04/05/11. I was wandering if RSP drills help prepare you and will I be at a disadvantage from only getting 1 drill?
        I'm shipping the same day. Where you shipping to?

Comment

I have my first drill tomorrow. Someone please help me with my checklist.
          I'm bringing my military CAC card, driver's license, SS card, running pants, basketball shorts, razor, shaving cream, soap, sleeping bag, deodorant, copy of high school diploma, running shoes, jacket, civilian jeans and shirt, tooth paste/brush. I don't have a watch, is that a requirement? Anymore info/advice/tips will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCaptain View Post
            I have my first drill tomorrow. Someone please help me with my checklist.
            I'm bringing my military CAC card, driver's license, SS card, running pants, basketball shorts, razor, shaving cream, soap, sleeping bag, deodorant, copy of high school diploma, running shoes, jacket, civilian jeans and shirt, tooth paste/brush. I don't have a watch, is that a requirement? Anymore info/advice/tips will be greatly appreciated.
            You need Chem Light Batteries. If you can't find them just tell your NCO immediatly when you get to drill that you tried to find them but couldn't. They are scarce and alot of newbies can't locate them, but they are a must for drill.

Comment

X100

Honestly 1 drill probably wont help you that much. I had 4 drills before shipping and it still didnt help as much as I thought it would but it might depend on your rsp too. Just talk to the cadre and even better, if there are people who just recently got back because they will be able to help you even more as far as telling you what to expect.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
                You need Chem Light Batteries. If you can't find them just tell your NCO immediatly when you get to drill that you tried to find them but couldn't. They are scarce and alot of newbies can't locate them, but they are a must for drill.
                HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH That's good. touche!

Comment

Fort benning. 11B OLSUT.

Comment

Youy and viceroy are both shipping for osut the same day, that's cool. Now I gotta get that ship date!

Comment

Originally posted by cgibsonrox View Post

Fort benning. 11B OLSUT.
                      lol, probably a typo, but for clarification... it's OSUT- one station unit training-

Originally posted by 11BwannaBe View Post
                      Youy and viceroy are both shipping for osut the same day, that's cool. Now I gotta get that ship date!
                      Keep in mind that just because you ship the same day doesn't mean you will be in the same company, reception can be **** for some people and kind to others. You can be there a few days, or a few weeks. But its better to share info with each other, and that way if you see each other, even in passing, you can motivate each other.

Comment

Working...
                      X