Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What items does one receive at RSP?

Originally posted by TheCaptain View Post
    I finally got my RSP packet back from my Sergeant. I left it in the "Guard-Mobile". It says, "first formation; all soldiers will wear PT uniform, even if on profile." So it will be okay if I arrive in civilian attire? I'm guessing they will issue us PT's, correct?
    In some cases what is said on paper may not actually happen in reality. They may issue you RSP uniforms and they may not. They may issue you ACU's and they may not. As I've said before, I've been going to RSP drills for 4 months, I've filled out applications for an RSP uniform for 4 months and I haven't seen issued one thread. In my detachment there have been people there for nearly a year and they're still walking around wearing civilian clothing to RSP drill. Oh, I've seen several different variations of National Guard T-shirts and pull-overs but no PT's or uniforms.

As you can see in the picture above there's one guy in full National Guard PT's and a couple other guys further to the right that are in civilian clothes. By the way, both the guys in the National Guard PT's have a jacked up attention stance. If there was a Drill Sergeant in that drill hall that wouldn't happen. Depending on the mood of the DS, that kid would have been verbally instructed how to position his hands and arms or the DS would position his hands for him or he may smoke him for that jacked up stance. The other kid would have been instructed to adjust his gear, which means he needs to tuck his shirt in. Doesn't matter whether you just signed in or if you got through doing a series of sprints up the side of a mountain. You must be tight at all times or risk getting smoked by any NCO or DS. The soldier in ACU's standing in front of them has the proper stance. Your thumbs must be parallel with the seam of your pant legs and your arms slightly bent, not fully bent like you just got through doing 20 repetitions of weighted dips.
    Last edited by VICEROY06; March 10th, 2011, 08:51 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't get too wrapped up in RSP.. its a joke compared to the real thing

Comment

Originally posted by NJ732 View Post
        BEAT your FACE

Comment

Actually, I did mention in my thread: "Maximizing your RSP Experience" that RSP is not BCT--it's just designed just to give a person a glimpse of what BCT is like. Hence the RSP term "To bend not break".

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
            BEAT your FACE
            Roger that Sar'nt, just sayin.. they're on two completely different intensity levels.

Comment

Roger that Sar'nt, just sayin.. they're on two completely different intensity levels.
              clearly ...it is designed to simply give you a taste of IET. At the end of the weekend everyone goes home and we dont want to have to spend the rest of the month hunting down those that would be too afraid to come back if we made it EXACTLY like basic.

Comment

Working...
              X