Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What items does one receive at RSP?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: What items does one receive at RSP?

    VICEROY06... You are out-freakin-standing lol. So HOOAH'ed out it almost makes me sick. Stay positive, you can go far.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: What items does one receive at RSP?

      Originally posted by NJ732 View Post
      You're not going to be allowed to use your boots at basic Chris36. I know every company/cadre/base is different but I've NEVER heard of that being allowed. Maybe someone can prove me wrong.

      We kept our RSP issued ACUs, and when I ETS if they think they're taking all my ACU's they got another thing coming.

      How the heck am I gonna get free beers at the local TGI Friday's if I don't have a uniform? Some nerve..

      (I kid, I kid)
      Oh, I know I cannot take 'MY' boots to BCT; they were for personal use, extra pair, not sure of what they'd be giving out at RSP....pick your reason.

      My RSP location is pretty small and they said we definitely would be giving our ACU's back, which is fine by me as long as I get more at BCT (of course).

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: What items does one receive at RSP?

        Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
        I go to my first RSP on Saturday (Michigan) and my recruiter (who is also my RSP NCO) said that I will be receiving a set of ACU's, a pair of boots and RSP PT clothes. He did say, though, that they are turned back in when I head off to BCT as I will be issued my permanent set at BCT.
        Oh, I stand corrected.


        Your real set of ACU's and boots, the ones you get to keep, will be issued to you at BCT.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: What items does one receive at RSP?

          The last diagram is somewhat misleading. Yes, it points to a unit patch but its on the right-sleeve and you only get to wear it there if you were combat deployed and awarded a SSI-FWTS (normally called a combat patch). IET soldiers should not have any patches on while they attend BCT/AIT. If they are split-op then you will see soldiers in AIT/OSUT with unit patches on.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: What items does one receive at RSP?

            Originally posted by fmcityslicker
            The last diagram is somewhat misleading. Yes, it points to a unit patch but its on the right-sleeve and you only get to wear it there if you were combat deployed and awarded a SSI-FWTS. IET soldiers should not have any patches on while they attend BCT/AIT. If they are split-op then you will see soldiers in AIT/OSUT with unit patches on.
            You are actually allowed to wear your unit patch in AIT(or after family day in OSUT) if you are national guard... This has been true since I went to basic 7 years ago. I had them sewn on my BDUs during the family weekend... and my Drill SGTs made fun of me because I had the rainbow lol. Then when he asked if I knew what it meant I was able to explain why it was only a half rainbow and the history, he stopped lol

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: What items does one receive at RSP?

              Now the rainbow patch can never been made fun of.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: What items does one receive at RSP?

                Yes, Sadly.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: What items does one receive at RSP?

                  LT, that may have changed recently because when we got back from basic and went to that last RSP battle hand-off thing, people were getting "yelled at" for having unit patches on. We were told they weren't allowed until we recieved them from our units.

                  BTW, I looked for you at Fort Dix two weekends ago but no luck.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: What items does one receive at RSP?

                    Originally posted by NJ732 View Post
                    LT, that may have changed recently because when we got back from basic and went to that last RSP battle hand-off thing, people were getting "yelled at" for having unit patches on. We were told they weren't allowed until we recieved them from our units.

                    BTW, I looked for you at Fort Dix two weekends ago but no luck.
                    The patch thing, I guess it changed. But everyone knows it's all based on location, drills, and company, etc. So is the army way lol.

                    As for Dix, I was there, but I was in JT2DC doing the computerized JANUS exercise. I sat in a room all day staring a little blue and green dots move around the screen until I got a message that said someone in my "convoy" blew up. lol. It was intense. When's your March drill?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: What items does one receive at RSP?

                      18-20 March. Was that the video game-type thing with the steering wheels and the 50 cals with the little Johnny Quest cyber-goggles? I think they were calling it VCOT or something.

                      We did that and that freakin humvee rollover drill. Our Training NCO said we did such a good job he wanted us to go again.. and again.. and again.. haha.

                      Not to mention a whole lot of EST. Exciting times.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: What items does one receive at RSP?

                        PM ya brother

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: What items does one receive at RSP?

                          Ok...clearly every state is doing something different. Some states give you ACU's and apparently others do not. According to the guidance put out by NBG, every state is supposed to order uniforms for EVERY soldier that enlists unless they are shipping out within a month. During the NGB Accreditation process one of the things they check for is to make sure you are ordering uniforms for all soldiers. Also, that uniform is supposed to be collected when the soldier ships to training, and when they return it is supposed to be given back to them to take to their unit. This set goes onto their clothing record so they will have 5 sets on their clothing record.

                          Also, I dont remember who, but someone near the beggining of this thread said something about paying for uniforms at basic. That is false, you dont pay for any.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: What items does one receive at RSP?

                            Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
                            Ok...clearly every state is doing something different. Some states give you ACU's and apparently others do not. According to the guidance put out by NBG, every state is supposed to order uniforms for EVERY soldier that enlists unless they are shipping out within a month. During the NGB Accreditation process one of the things they check for is to make sure you are ordering uniforms for all soldiers. Also, that uniform is supposed to be collected when the soldier ships to training, and when they return it is supposed to be given back to them to take to their unit. This set goes onto their clothing record so they will have 5 sets on their clothing record.

                            Also, I dont remember who, but someone near the beggining of this thread said something about paying for uniforms at basic. That is false, you dont pay for any.
                            Thank you for clearing that up.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: What items does one receive at RSP?

                              Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
                              Ok...clearly every state is doing something different. Some states give you ACU's and apparently others do not. According to the guidance put out by NBG, every state is supposed to order uniforms for EVERY soldier that enlists unless they are shipping out within a month. During the NGB Accreditation process one of the things they check for is to make sure you are ordering uniforms for all soldiers. Also, that uniform is supposed to be collected when the soldier ships to training, and when they return it is supposed to be given back to them to take to their unit. This set goes onto their clothing record so they will have 5 sets on their clothing record.

                              Also, I dont remember who, but someone near the beggining of this thread said something about paying for uniforms at basic. That is false, you dont pay for any.
                              Recent graduates of Ft. Benning as well as Drill SGT's have told us all kinds of stories about clowns that try to sell us stupid sh1t like PT insurance and/or combat insurance--it does not track--what the he ll do you need any kind of supplementary insurance when, if you signed up for Tricare and life insurance you get full medical coverage and $400,000 in life insurance? Secondly, none of the civilian-oriented insurance companies will pay up on your life insurance if you're killed overseas. There's scores of other junk they advised us to avoid. Bottom line is this: Buy only the essential stuff you need for day-to-day living. Forget about using your Eagle card to buy stupid souvenirs or any kind of electronic gadgetry.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: What items does one receive at RSP?

                                I finally got my RSP packet back from my Sergeant. I left it in the "Guard-Mobile". It says, "first formation; all soldiers will wear PT uniform, even if on profile." So it will be okay if I arrive in civilian attire? I'm guessing they will issue us PT's, correct?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X