X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What items does one receive at RSP?

Like I hear some people wear ACU's and some do not. Do they issue you like shirts or anything? Going to my first RSP this weekend at Dobbins

Re: What items does one receive at RSP?

Originally posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Like I hear some people wear ACU's and some do not. Do they issue you like shirts or anything? Going to my first RSP this weekend at Dobbins
    Read this thread on Maximizing your RSP experience.

No. You're definately not going to get ACU's. Depending on your state, you may get PT's, which is a cute little National Guard jogging pants and jacket right away (Cali). In some states you may not see NG PT's unless you've been in RSP for several months. I'm shipping Next month and been going to RSP since January--Ain't been issued any PT's. You'll definately get ACU's, boots etc. once you're at reception at the beginning of BCT.
    Last edited by VICEROY06; March 9th, 2011, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post

No. You're definately not going to get ACU's. Depending on your state, you may get PT's, which is a cute little National Guard jogging pants and jacket right away (Cali). In some states you may not see NG PT's unless you've been in RSP for several months. I'm shipping Next month and been going to RSP since January--Ain't been issued any PT's. You'll definately get ACU's, boots etc. once you're at reception at the beginning of BCT.
      What is the difference between National Guard PTs and Army PTs?

Comment

The NG PT's are something they created for RSP. Blue jacket + Pants with "National Guard" printed on them. Red short-sleeve shirt and a blue long-sleeve shirt, each with "RSP" on it. Pretty exciting stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
          What is the difference between National Guard PTs and Army PTs?
          They are designed for RSP. Basically windbreaker pants and jacket top that have the RSP symbol on them.

Comment

Ok similar to the BCT Marshmellows that I never had the pleasure of receiving.

Comment

We get ACU's in my RSP. Depending on how many drills you will attend you will either have some ordered for you or you will receive loaner ACU's. It could be a host of factors, money or those in command at the actual RSP site, as to why your RSP has not issued pt's or ACU's to you.

I dunno how other RSP sites in VA do it but my RSP seems pretty good with issuing ACU's and pt's.
              Last edited by LeftyMedic; March 9th, 2011, 03:49 PM.

Comment

I go to my first RSP on Saturday (Michigan) and my recruiter (who is also my RSP NCO) said that I will be receiving a set of ACU's, a pair of boots and RSP PT clothes. He did say, though, that they are turned back in when I head off to BCT as I will be issued my permanent set at BCT.

I don't think the boots are returned though because he said even if I have already bought my own (which I have) that I should fill out the form anyway so they have an extra pair there if they need them.

Comment

I guess we can concur that SPC Viceroy needs to make an edit on his thread.

Comment

I got ACU's and boots within my first couple hours at RSP.

Total waste of money IMO, as they don't fit/feel the same as the rest of my ACUs.

The boots are standard issue, but thats just another waste of money.

As soon as everyone graduates, they're gonna go pick up Converse's or Rocky's anyhow

Comment

Do you get to keep those ACUs or turn them back in? Might appear as a silly question but there was a time that you had to turn in your uniform issue when you left the Guard.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                        Do you get to keep those ACUs or turn them back in? Might appear as a silly question but there was a time that you had to turn in your uniform issue when you left the Guard.
                        I was told I was going to have to turn in my ACU's after RSP, but would be keeping the ACU's from BCT because I am paying for them.

I already bought my own decent boots.

Comment

You're not going to be allowed to use your boots at basic Chris36. I know every company/cadre/base is different but I've NEVER heard of that being allowed. Maybe someone can prove me wrong.

We kept our RSP issued ACUs, and when I ETS if they think they're taking all my ACU's they got another thing coming.

How the heck am I gonna get free beers at the local TGI Friday's if I don't have a uniform? Some nerve..

(I kid, I kid)

Comment

NJ that should still be how it is. You are given your initial issue at basic and will not be allowed to deviate. Everybody is the same during the IET phase.

Comment

U.S. Army/NG PT uniforms.

National Guard RSP PT uniform (pictured right).

ACU's

If you've gotten ACU's and boots and you haven't even attended one RSP drill or all you've done is attended RSP drill, then your state obviously has different standards.

Comment

Working...
                              X