X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alot of RSP questions.

Hey guys, just wondering if RSP is for the regular army too ? Also how many RSP drills do i have before i leave for BCT do i have a choice ? i would like to go to as many as possible before BCT . And lastly how long does each phase last ? Thanks

Re: alot of RSP questions.

RSP is national guard, not active army. You'll get a basic training date, and you go to RSP once a month until you leave for basic. And each phase for what? Basic training? usually about 3 weeks.

Comment

At RSP, red phase will be for your first drill. After that you'll be in white phase until your ready to ship out. Your last drill before shipping you will be in blue phase.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
        At RSP, red phase will be for your first drill. After that you'll be in white phase until your ready to ship out. Your last drill before shipping you will be in blue phase.
        Yea, I didn't know which one he meant... and I had forgotten the RSP phases lol. That's why I need my NCO to hook it up lol

Comment

is there a AD ARMY alternative ? i really wanted to prepare for basic with RSP in my senior year of HS. So on average how many drills do u get before BCT?

Comment

Originally posted by USGuard1017 View Post
            is there a AD ARMY alternative ? i really wanted to prepare for basic with RSP in my senior year of HS. So on average how many drills do u get before BCT?
            There really isn't n average. It all depends on the contract. You can have 1... or you can have 11. Depends on when you're slotted to go to basic. You'll do just fine at basic. Just go in shape, the rest the drill SGTs will take care of.

Comment

OK. im kinda a perfectionist, i want to be top of my class. And figured if i knew all the protocols,salutes,rank courtesies etc id be better off.Also i wanted some of the combatives and weapons care and training.

Comment

Originally posted by USGuard1017 View Post
                OK. im kinda a perfectionist, i want to be top of my class. And figured if i knew all the protocols,salutes,rank courtesies etc id be better off.Also i wanted some of the combatives and weapons care and training.
                At RSP, you won't get any training on weapons or combatives. The ranks and such you can learn before you go withuot the help of RSP. Go online and google it, it's all over the internet.

Comment

ok. What do u really do at RSP? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by EOrsini View Post
                    At RSP, you won't get any training on weapons or combatives. The ranks and such you can learn before you go withuot the help of RSP. Go online and google it, it's all over the internet.
                    Actually sir, I guess you'd be surprised. We actually do combatives classes(not to get certified though) and we also teach assemble and disassemble weapons. We don't of course do live fire, but we do use the EST 2000 so they get some practice. Of course, every RSP will be a little different based on resources available to them.

Comment

We don't of course do live fire, but we do use the EST 2000 so they get some practice.
                      Wait a second.......you actually have one that doesn't crash all the time and someone that knows how to run the darn thing?

Comment

Actually sir, I guess you'd be surprised. We actually do combatives classes(not to get certified though) and we also teach assemble and disassemble weapons. We don't of course do live fire, but we do use the EST 2000 so they get some practice. Of course, every RSP will be a little different based on resources available to them.
                        WTF! Wow, I'm sorry. Last time I went(sometime last year) they didn't have weapons there, and PT was normal PT. Of course, It's all dependent on state... And I'm out of the loop there I guess. I stand corrected, and will open mouth, insert foot. lol.

Comment

You know, weapons familiarization is actually even in the curriculum(STRM- Soldier Training Readiness Modules) that is put out by NGB now for RSP.

Comment

You know, weapons familiarization is actually even in the curriculum(STRM- Soldier Training Readiness Modules) that is put out by NGB now for RSP.
                            Good. That's something they should know, especially for some people who have never touched a weapon before basic training(I was one of them lol).

Comment

So RSP is great then. That stinks for me. Why dont they have RSP or something like it for AD ? and just so everyone knows i love NG thats why im on here.

Comment

Working...
                              X