Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1st RSP Drill Weekend

Originally posted by FaryJ View Post
    So I just got back from rsp and it was awesome. Pt, weapons familirization, having to call the NCO's by rank and having to do push ups for messing up, seeing a cocky retarded Pfc get his ********* stepped on for thinking he can pull recruits out of formation, clearing rooms with airport guns, seeing a recruiter get an award from a Major, getting a speech from the 1st Sgt. And lastly picking cherries for an eternity lol can't wait for basic next month.

Whats an airport gun?

Comment

Maybe he meant airsoft? Except those are technically toys and can break easily. TG4 rubber duckies.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
        Maybe he meant airsoft? Except those are technically toys and can break easily. TG4 rubber duckies.
        Maybe the simunitions? Those things are SWEET @ss SWEET lol

Comment

Originally posted by Anthill View Post
          Whats an airport gun?
          im sorry i meant airsoft. they are simulation m4 rifles, which shoot 6mm plastic bbs. they are fed through magazinez,they have safety switches, and they are about the same size as the real thing.

Comment

im actually looking forward to RSP after i swear in.. It may give me a good head-start for BCT

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Glover View Post
              im actually looking forward to RSP after i swear in.. It may give me a good head-start for BCT
              The ARNG is the only component of the armed forces that offers RSP to their soldiers before they go off to BCT. Take 100% advantage of it. Learn every single ounce of info you can. create an account at military.com and listen to everything the NCO's and the Drill sergeant(s) tell you while you're at drill.

Next best thing to do is join the YMCA and find a location in your area that is the best equipped to serve your various fitness needs. I'm a member of a branch that has every conceivable form of machines and free weights as well as an indoor track and olympic-sized swimming pool, hot tub, etc.

You will only go to RSP drill once a month. Therefore, train like you're on an NFL team between drills.

Once every other day the first week.
              Twice a day every other day the second week.
              Twice a day everyday the third week.
              Once a day Mon through Wed the fourth week.
              Rest and hydrate the last two days before drill.
              A light-warm-up for about 15 minutes before reporting to sign-in.

I'm no expert but developing this regimen is what helped me through the 1-1-1 with no issues.
              Last edited by VICEROY06; March 4th, 2011, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know as far as the arkansas national guard rsp drills?

Comment

Originally posted by beffiehaven View Post
                  Does anyone know as far as the arkansas national guard rsp drills?

Follow the advice and what to bring that the OP stated. There may not be anyone who can tell you the exact way it works in Arkansas, but they are good guidlines as those are important for any army training.

Comment

Working...
                  X