X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st drill before basic

So im going to drill before i ship on 20110321, i was told something about getting a uniform. do i get a uniform with my boots and all or what do i get besides a backpack

Re: 1st drill before basic

A handshake?

I wouldn't expect them to give you anything since your BCT site will.

Comment

Probably just a RSP PT uniform

Comment

If you're just going to one RSP drill, you probably won't get anything. Those who stick around for awhile are issued a set of ACU's, boots, and either the RSP windbreaker uniform or some Army IPFU's. If you are issued anything, you won't take it with you to BCT as, like Teuvil said, you'll be issued all your uniforms there.

Comment

If you're only going to one drill before BCT you ain't gonna get nuffin' other than a battle book extreme (woopty doo), and a cold, bar-b-que sandwich made with cheap sauce and dry chicken. I didn't even get a back pack.
          Last edited by VICEROY06; January 31st, 2011, 09:45 PM.

Comment

To the two replies above.. I think that all depends on your state, over here we got a "RSP Vet" who's been drilling for almost a year he only has the RSP uniform and a Battlebook, nothing special, but yea 1 drill, I doubt you'll get the uniform and depending on how close your drill is to your shiiiit date they might not even have you do PT with everyone else.. Btw my RSP chow is amazing lol.

Comment

Yep, that's about right. We had a couple of those career RSP guys dressed in ARNG PTs. That was it. Everybody else was in street clothes. Also, it was quite interesting how some of the guys that had already passed basic and were drilling with the rest of us recruits were just as goofy if not goofier than some red phase guys. Not that I think I'm top dog or anything, because I made a couple mistakes myself at my first drill, but you'd think guys that were done with training and walking around in ACU's would have it all together.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
                Yep, that's about right. We had a couple of those career RSP guys dressed in ARNG PTs. That was it. Everybody else was in street clothes. Also, it was quite interesting how some of the guys that had already passed basic and were drilling with the rest of us recruits were just as goofy if not goofier than some red phase guys. Not that I think I'm top dog or anything, because I made a couple mistakes myself at my first drill, but you'd think guys that were done with training and walking around in ACU's would have it all together.

Sounds familiar lol.. for the most part, ACUs were mostly on detail and assisting the NCOs with the what ever we had to do that day. During some downtime the ACUs kept reminding us how they pretty much didnt really care about what was going on or the smoke sessions b/c it "is nothing compared to BCT". For the most part everyone is either is ACUs or RSP/ARMY PTs, the small handfull of people who were in street clothes were either guest or the 2 lucky guys who didnt get the PT uniform cause we ran out lol.

Comment

Working...
                X