X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiter Issue

I was hoping to get some advise on how to deal with a issue I'm having with my recruiter. Some background: I am former AD USMC(1996-2000) with a DUI in 2002.
    My issue is that I have been working with a recruiter since August and have had my paperwork submitted for waivers for over 3 months. Occasionally(once every 6 weeks or so), I will get a communication via text or email, usually in response to my efforts to establish comms, that my paperwork has been submitted and to be patient. My concern is the lack of communication in response to numerous un-returned phone calls, texts, and emails. My questions are:
    1.) Is this time frame normal for someone to wait for waivers to be processed?
    2.) Is it a common practice for recruiters to brush off comms until they have something substantial to report?
    3.) Is it possible that my waivers have been denied and my recruiter is just blowing me off?
    Thanks, in advance, for any and all feedback.
    S/F

Re: Recruiter Issue

Originally posted by gumby2/6 View Post
    I was hoping to get some advise on how to deal with a issue I'm having with my recruiter. Some background: I am former AD USMC(1996-2000) with a DUI in 2002.
    My issue is that I have been working with a recruiter since August and have had my paperwork submitted for waivers for over 3 months. Occasionally(once every 6 weeks or so), I will get a communication via text or email, usually in response to my efforts to establish comms, that my paperwork has been submitted and to be patient. My concern is the lack of communication in response to numerous un-returned phone calls, texts, and emails. My questions are:
    1.) Is this time frame normal for someone to wait for waivers to be processed?
    2.) Is it a common practice for recruiters to brush off comms until they have something substantial to report?
    3.) Is it possible that my waivers have been denied and my recruiter is just blowing me off?
    Thanks, in advance, for any and all feedback.
    S/F
    With our current numbers chances that you get a waiver approved for a DUI right now is not very high. I would consider no news good news, until you hear from him.

Comment

The Staff Sergeant is right. No news is good news. I have waited up to six months for a waiver to come back with an answer from NGB so, don't stress what you can't control. Drive on with your daily life until your recruiter calls you. Best of luck Marine. You'll be fine.
      Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
      With our current numbers chances that you get a waiver approved for a DUI right now is not very high. I would consider no news good news, until you hear from him.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
        Thanks, SSG.

Comment

Thanks, SGT.
          Originally posted by SGT_CONLEY View Post
          The Staff Sergeant is right. No news is good news. I have waited up to six months for a waiver to come back with an answer from NGB so, don't stress what you can't control. Drive on with your daily life until your recruiter calls you. Best of luck Marine. You'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
          X