X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online enlistment/ Part II/ Education section question

My question concerns the education section of the online enlistment, found in part 2 of the dashboard. I have completed the section - listing my work history, but there are gaps. I skipped semesters while going to college, to work, and also was on unemployment for a few months. The program does not like these gaps, and insists I fill them in with something. Also, the section apparently wants not only job history, but school time as well. This is difficult to do for several reasons. First, it's tedious; your educational transcripts are among the first thing a recruiter asks for, so it's redundant to do this again online. Second, the format of the educational section is not optimal for educational information; who is considered your supervisor while you were attending high school or college? In high school I suppose your boss could be the principal, but what about college? Your counselor? your parents? And what if you switched majors, or counselors? See what I mean?

I'm not here to rag on the online process, I just put the above information out there to show the potential difficulties of completing the section. What I want to know, is if there is a process for getting an administrator of the web site to override the site's insistence that there not be any gaps in job history. I am certain this wouldn't be the end of the world, since many candidates do their entire application on paper, and there's no way that many can have a seamless history.

Re: Online enlistment/ Part II/ Education section question

Hey there. The only that that I know from experience is to call the 1-800 number and talk to one of the On Call operators. That's what I did. They did a tremendous job helping me to complete my actual application. Now I have the ball rolling and I am also waiting for the results of my background check. Some advice on that just take your mind off of it and hopefully your recruiter will get back with you with some good news.
    Originally posted by claytonsimpson View Post
    My question concerns the education section of the online enlistment, found in part 2 of the dashboard. I have completed the section - listing my work history, but there are gaps. I skipped semesters while going to college, to work, and also was on unemployment for a few months. The program does not like these gaps, and insists I fill them in with something. Also, the section apparently wants not only job history, but school time as well. This is difficult to do for several reasons. First, it's tedious; your educational transcripts are among the first thing a recruiter asks for, so it's redundant to do this again online. Second, the format of the educational section is not optimal for educational information; who is considered your supervisor while you were attending high school or college? In high school I suppose your boss could be the principal, but what about college? Your counselor? your parents? And what if you switched majors, or counselors? See what I mean?

I'm not here to rag on the online process, I just put the above information out there to show the potential difficulties of completing the section. What I want to know, is if there is a process for getting an administrator of the web site to override the site's insistence that there not be any gaps in job history. I am certain this wouldn't be the end of the world, since many candidates do their entire application on paper, and there's no way that many can have a seamless history.

Comment

I think you should consider asking the person incharge. I believe you can get a better help by contacting or calling somebody concerned with this so that you can get instant help.

Regards,
      Last edited by B.Wood; July 11th, 2012, 12:20 PM. Reason: Removed URL to company - No advertising

Comment

You need to account for all time periods. As tedious as it is, each month has to be accounted for so if there were two months you were unemployed you have to list those two months. It gets annoying - I know because I went to college and took a semester off when my dad died and had to account for those 4 months and I had odd jobs while going to school and those had to be accounted for.
        As far as a supervisor for education, I am looking at the printed form and it doesn't ask for a supervisor in the school information section. If you are talking about filling in gaps during your employment listing that you were going to school, I was told to list "unemployed - going to school" and was told I didn't have to list a Supervisor, address, etc just the dates because I was unemployed but if the system is making you list one I would list your academic advisor or a professor you knew well. The problem you may run in to is the questionnaire doesn't like you listing someone more then once.

Comment

Working...
        X