X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packet Complete--Now waiting on Background Check

So, as the title reads, I am waiting on a background check. It's been like a week almost, and I'm still waiting. I know my recruiter is on leave right now, and he doesn't get back until Sunday..but I sometimes hate waiting. I'm not necessarily "freaking out" about it, but I guess my mind automatically goes to something negative regarding the check. I have a clean record though, and I'm not sure why I would assume that it got kicked back. So, overall, I have two questions for anyone who has/is going through the same thing right now-- is it rude to call him for a brief second to ask what the status is of everything? Why aren't the people working for this Path to Honor allowed to tell us that status if they have all of our other information?

Thanks so much.

Re: Packet Complete--Now waiting on Background Check

hurry up and wait. That phrase is so true with the Army. I'll be waiting to hear from my recruiter and he won't contact me at all and I'll think my waiver was shot down or something else and out of nowhere he'll hit me up with news. Just be patient and try not to think too much about it.

Comment

Re: Packet Complete--Now waiting on Background Check

Originally posted by bwjonesosu View Post
      hurry up and wait. That phrase is so true with the Army. I'll be waiting to hear from my recruiter and he won't contact me at all and I'll think my waiver was shot down or something else and out of nowhere he'll hit me up with news. Just be patient and try not to think too much about it.
      Very true: Hurry up and wait. Get used to it , but don't stress. It's like this in any Federal agency, not just the Army. If anything, it's probably better you haven't heard back yet, because if they found something to DQ you, they wouldn't continue with the investigation and it would be over for you.

Comment

Working...
      X