Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Infantry to Aviation Warrant; The correct process?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infantry to Aviation Warrant; The correct process?

Good Evening all, I'm hoping to get some clarification on a few aspect of the WO aviation path. I'm currently 2 years into a 6 year 11B Guard contract, here in Washington State. I had been planning on pursuing the WO aviation career after returning from a possible deployment. That deployment, has now been pushed back and/or scrubbed entirely. So, I'm actively looking into the aviation option.

Now to my question; I know the process to take, the AFAST, then the board, then WOCS, then flight school. What I can't seem to get a straight answer on, is who to facilitate it all with? Do I need to get my unit's permission to even take the AFAST and go through the board, do I need to go through a recruiter again, or just contact my state's flight officer? I am just unsure about who exactly to go through, and my NCO chain of command has been less than helpful. Thanks for any answers/advice!

Re: Infantry to Aviation Warrant; The correct process?

Your State has an Officer Strength Manager (OSM), and perhaps also a WOSM. Your local recruiter can put you in touch.

Comment

Washington State National Guard website POC list:

http://washingtonguard.org/ARMY/Recruiting/OSM/

Comment

I know this thread is a little old but I have the same general question. I am a part of the Virginia Army National Guard serving as an 11B with 2 years in on my 6 year contract. I have been looking into SF but I have also been curious about going WO for flight. It seems nobody in my unit has the information or answers for my questions so any help I can get would be great!

Thanks

Comment

MAJ Bryan HAMILTON, bryan.s.hamilton@us.army.mil. Mention my name.

Comment

Thank you Sir. I sent him an email just now!

Comment

Working...
            X