X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrant Officer Aviator

I have been doing a lot of research on the forums, online and through recruiters on becoming a Warrant Officer Aviator over the last few months and have not been able to get the same answer from any of these sources. Does anyone know if you can go into the Guard specifically for WO Aviator? or through ROTC? And if so how would I do this? I'm a single mom so the Guard is my only option for Military training or I would go regular Army. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Its my dream to do something my son can be proud of, what better than fight for our country.

Re: Warrant Officer Aviator

Yes you can go into the guard specifically for a Warrant Officer Aviator slot. You should locate and contact your aviation units and their should be a Warrant Office recruiter or aviation POC to help guide you on your quest in becoming a NG aviator. Here also use this site: http://www.nationalguard.com/careers...fficer/aviator.
    Last edited by blanding; September 3rd, 2011, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blanding View Post
      Yes you can go into the guard specifically for a Warrant Officer Aviator slot. You should locate and contact your aviation units and their should be a Warrant Office recruiter or aviation POC to help guide you on your quest in becoming a NG aviator. Here also use this site: http://www.nationalguard.com/careers...fficer/aviator.
      The above answer is unfortunatly incorrect. You cannot contract as a WOFTm candidate in the Guard. And, if you went ROTC or OCS your branch wouldn't be determined until a later date. However, you officially cannot join specifically for WOFT, you will have to take an enlisted job first but with the right coordination, your state can understand your intent before you sign and get the process rolling. I suggest you work with a recruiter and take a full Class 1 flight physical before you join, as there are some requirements on the Class 1 physical that are not on a regular enlistment physical, that way you will not have any surprises.

Comment

If 2LT Blanding is correct, it is either a very new (since 20110801) program, a special program in some states, or possibly an option for Prior service folks. The National Guard does not have a "Street to Seat" program like AD does. You must complete IET prior to submitting a WO packet. I don't know about all states but in Colorado you must be a member of the CONG for at least 12 months before the flight board will even accept your application. If you find some other loophole, let me know, but if you've got a few years before you turn 30. You've got time to get in and then go for it. Good luck to you.
        Last edited by A.Mac+; September 6th, 2011, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Thank so much for the input. I'm going to speak with another recruiter today hopefully they can direct me to the nearest aviation unit for more guidance.

Comment

Working...
          X