X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aviation

I have been thinking of joining the national guard but I have some questions that I need to get some kind of an awnser to before I do.

1) to become a helicopter pilot must I be a warrant officer and how do I obtain this rank?

2) is it posable that I may be sent in to combat before obtaing this position?

3) can I obtain this position while being part time? (I really don't understand how you become full time or part time or the benifits of both)

4) I'm married and I would like to know how this affects my family such as relocation and benefits?

I apreceat any one who awnsers my questions and thank you for your time.

Re: Aviation

I found this for ya...

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/armyt...otarypilot.htm

Comment

I found this thread for you...

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/armyt...otarypilot.htm

Hopefully it helps.

Comment

WOW that awnserd most of my questions and then some others. this leaves me with one other question although it may be a stupid one is the army National Guard and the "army" the same thing my reason for asking is because according to the article you gave me it states that the army has a program called "high school to flight school" and I don't have but one year of college so does this still apply in the National Guard?
        Thanks a lot

Comment

Yes as long as their is a vacancy, you get a 110 GT on the ASVAB, and do well on the AFAST.

Comment

Originally posted by clintjones View Post
            WOW that awnserd most of my questions and then some others. this leaves me with one other question although it may be a stupid one is the army National Guard and the "army" the same thing my reason for asking is because according to the article you gave me it states that the army has a program called "high school to flight school" and I don't have but one year of college so does this still apply in the National Guard?
            Thanks a lot
            The Army National Guard does NOT have the enlistment option of Warrant Officer Flight Training (WOFT) for non-prior service. Also know as "High School to Flight School" or "Street to Seat"
            You would have to already be enlisted in the Guard, MOS qualified and successful in your duty assignment, then you could apply for WOFT through the state aviation command if you meet all the requirements for Warrant and Flight.

Comment

So baisacly you are telling me that I need to join the army to do this not the national guard? I live near Little Rock and Jonesboro AR to go through flight school are there only a few select places to attend that would require me to relocate? I want to make sure I understand my options and make the correct decision.

Comment

No he is saying that you would have to be in the national guard first before you could have a chance at warrant officer flight training.

However, if you are still interested in doing this part time they do offer the high school to flight school for the Army Reserve or fulltime for active duty.

http://www.goarmy.com/about/service-...-officers.html

So you will do BCT then WOCS if you go the Army Reserve or Active route. I don't know why they dont offer this for the Guard.

Comment

Okay I will go army than. Can anyone tell me how long WOCS and WOFT lasts?

Comment

Originally posted by clintjones View Post
                    Okay I will go army than. Can anyone tell me how long WOCS and WOFT lasts?
                    In your case 6 weeks for WOCS and 18 months for flight school.

Comment

It may also help to work on your spelling and grammar before applying. You will be required to write a short autobiography for your WOCS packet.

Comment

Working...
                      X