X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aviation WO

I am prior service with 6 1/2 years active. I want to join the gaurd to go to WOCS but my overall goal is to become full-time gaurd. Would I have to sign up part-time first before I could consider a full time slot and are there even full time slots for WO?

Re: Aviation WO

The full time positions get posted. We can't tell you if there are any full time positions, you have to continuously look for and apply to them

Comment

Right, I guess I asked my question weird, for me to ever have a chance at a full time WO position, would I already need to be qualified for it or could I apply for the job and then be sent off for WOCS?

Comment

You will need to be qualified before you get the position. Most WO positions are federal technician positions. It's different than title 10 or title 32 as its not considered to be active duty and does not count towards retirement. Are you considering becoming an aviator or another branch?

Comment

An aviator

Comment

I don't think there are any title 32 aviator positions to be honest. As you know WO's are considered to be subject matter experts in thier fields, so having a WO in a title 32 position that is unrelated to their field doesn't make a lot of sense. BUT, my full time active duty postion is administrative and I'm a 12B. My full time position OIC (O-3) is an aviator and she runs the J-1, so who knows. Sometimes it depends on what you can bring to the table to contribute to a team, and who you know. Your chances will be much smaller as a WO, even smaller than the comissioned officers and I'm sure there are some on this board that would agree that AGR and ADOS jobs as an officer are extremely limited and highly competetive.

Comment

I've seen AGR advertisement for WO flight instructors and test pilots. Of course, those are not going to be something you could obtain early in your career.

Comment

Working...
              X