X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35P in SF?

I am currently an 11b in the California National Guard, and I am interested in reclassing into the 35p MOS. Openings have been exceptionally limited in my state in our MI battalions, so I am wondering if the 19th SF group utilizes 35p intel guys in their support companies, and, if so, how I might be able to get into that. I have been in the Guard for just over two years now, and I am motivated to make a military career for myself, but there just aren't any opportunities to train, learn new skills, deploy, or get promoted in the infantry. I see 35p as an opportunity to attain fluency in a language, get overseas experience, and to overall learn a new skill set that can ultimately make me valuable and useful to the Army. And if I can work with SF and actually get challenged along the way it's all the better to me.

SPCprof,

I am assuming you are currently serving in CA ARNG. Unfortunately there are no MI Support positions with A/5/19th SFG in CA, do to it only being a Company. All the 35 series slots for NG SF are at the BN and Group Support units in UT or CO ARNG. So if you are willing to travel and IST to either UT or CO, it is definitely possible to become a 35P with 19th SFG in order to support SF operations.

Comment

Working...
    X