Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF Physical Exam (D.C. Area)

Hi all:

Quick question(s) regarding the Special Forces physical exam…

I am currently in the National Guard and drill with an SF Non-Qualified Personnel program, whom recently recommended me for attendance to Special Forces Assessment and Selection.

To attend, I need to complete my Special Forces physical. I live and work in the D.C. area and am encountering from all the facilities up here (Bethesda and Belvoir, at least) that I need to be on active duty orders (for more than 31 days) to be authorized a physical.

Sort of a “catch-22…”

Is any one familiar with this situation? Would it be worth the hassles avoided just to travel done to Womack to have the exam completed?

I am working with my NQP program to resolve this issue, but thought it also wise to seek any guidance available from the knowledge and experience here.

I appreciate any assistance that you may be able to provide; thank you.

Re: SF Physical Exam (D.C. Area)

Getting SF Physicals in the Army Guard has always been a headache. Most states will not put you on orders to complete it, it is usually up to you on your time and dime. Your best resource is the SF unit/NQP that you are working with.

Unfortunately, most SF units have some deal going with a local medical unit to take care of SF physicals.

This is a reoccurring issue and has yet to be resolved with any real solution.

Best of Luck to you.

Comment

Brother, I'm going through the exact same Bravo Sierra right now but in Colorado: trying to get a Ranger/RSLC physical. I had to get one day AD orders to cover the physical. Last year when I drilled with the Det up there in Glen Arm, we all went to Aberdeen to get our labs, xrays, dental, but then went to a nearby Armory to get vision, hearing, and the doctor's exam.

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the replies, Gentlemen.

Lindy, who put you on the 24-hour orders? Group, or your assigned unit (assuming that at the time you were assigned to a Guard unit other than Group)?

I appreciate the input; thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by sbogucki View Post
          Thanks for the replies, Gentlemen.

Lindy, who put you on the 24-hour orders? Group, or your assigned unit (assuming that at the time you were assigned to a Guard unit other than Group)?

I appreciate the input; thanks again.
          Support Co, 2nd BN, 20th SFG(A)

Comment

Working...
          X