X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF Training Pipeline in the National Guard

Is the initial SF training pipeline with the Guard the same as an active duty 18X contract? I've looked it up online but have been told conflicting things as to whether the Special Operations Prep Course is included with the Guard. If not, is it possible to request SOPC in the Guard prior to SFAS?

I'm prior service and was told that I would reenlist into my primary MOS, request to drill with an SF unit, and then after 3 months they would decide whether or not to send me to selection. I would like to go to OSUT as well and was wondering if this is possible to request as prior service?

Re: SF Training Pipeline in the National Guard

I believe SOPC attendance depends on the state. I know for awhile, TXARNG was sending their prior service guys to SOPC. I believe just about everybody else will keep you in their pre-SFAS program until they are confident that you are ready for selection. Meaning that you will be doing SOPC like training in your drills until they feel you are ready. At this point attending SOPC is a moot point.

If you were not prior service, the REP63 program does mirror the 18X program. You would attend 11B OSUT, then Airborne, SOPC, SFAS etc..

Best option is to contact the SF Recruiter/Accessions NCO for the state you are interested in and start from there.

Good luck!

Comment

Re: SF Training Pipeline in the National Guard

Originally posted by ElCid View Post
      Is the initial SF training pipeline with the Guard the same as an active duty 18X contract? I've looked it up online but have been told conflicting things as to whether the Special Operations Prep Course is included with the Guard. If not, is it possible to request SOPC in the Guard prior to SFAS?

I'm prior service and was told that I would reenlist into my primary MOS, request to drill with an SF unit, and then after 3 months they would decide whether or not to send me to selection. I would like to go to OSUT as well and was wondering if this is possible to request as prior service?
      As prior service you cannot directly enlist for Special Forces in the Guard. Yes you would have to reenlist in either your former MOS or reclass to one that is available within the state. Then you would request and schedule to attend the SF unit's readiness evaluation (SFRE), basically a unit try-out. If you pass and the unit likes what you have to offer, then they will work with you to send you to SFAS.
      Most units will not send you to SOPC/SFPC. That is usually reserved for non-prior service.

If you would like to get in contact with a SF recruiter, you can either contact me directly thru PM or go through the Special Forces operator on the www.specialforces.nationalguard.com
      Last edited by SF Hunter; September 19th, 2013, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X