X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ask a Support Dude

Commo guys are a much needed job in the Support Roll. There are many Commo MOS's in that sections and most of them cross train each other to become more of a SME. The commo responsibility has really changed over the years. Its not just radio any longer. There is a lot of computer work with setup/breakdown and troubleshooting. Then you go to all the different forms of commo equipment, tht you are probably already semi familiar with. It it not unusual to see a commo guy work at anywhere from a Battalion to a Company level, and possibly down to a ODA if the need is requested. This field is wide open and always has plenty of work to do and training to accomplish.

Comment

Thank you for the information Phantom. I appreciate you taking the time to reply to my questions. Once I return from this deployment, I will make some calls, either to a recruiter and/or possibly any other POC's that I may get a hold of.

Comment

I am currently an 11B in the VA guard, but will be graduating college in may with a degree in strategic intelligence, so i obviously want to get involved in that area in some capacity (guard or civi) ASAP. I have a buddy who is a linguist in the 2-19 sfg out in WV, and he said they are hurting for more intel guys. I would love to take him up on that offer, but how would it work? Is it as simple as just getting an IST and having the new unit send me off to re-class and go to the DLI if applicable, or is it much more complicated in that I am trying to IST as well as reclass, all while joining a SF unit. Any help, POC, or anything of that sort would be greatly appreciated.. I asked my friend to talk to his people out there next time he has drill, but they are preparing for a AT type of training, so I don't want to overstep my bounds and get my possible future bosses mad at me before I am even there. I am currently an E3 and will be getting the auto-promotion in FEB of this year, if that makes any difference. Thanks ahead of time

Comment

Gents,

Sorry for resurrecting an older thread, but my question seemed a good fit here. Former Marine (8yrs) as a 2621/2611 (SIGINT, CNO operator/analyst @ tactical and national level) and came over about a year ago to the USAR out at Ft. Belvoir and after an AT w/ 58th TC and chatting up some folks, am interested in ARNG, in particular 20th SFG.

Still new to the Army way and thus some of the distinctions are still above me; hoping someone can clear up some questions. From what I have gathered from other older threads and ol' reliable OSINT, there are two types of MI support to SFG: as a part of a SF Support Co., or 2) Spec. Ops. Support Unit. What are the differences? What would be preferable for an MI guy?

Respectively,

SSG

Comment

Working...
          X