X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF Waivers

My thanks goes out to all who have served and sacrificed honorably for friends, family, and those unknown. I have great admiration for soldiers, especially those in Special Operations. I was a kid in my early twenties in college before I was made aware that these teams even existed. Since that time I have sought to embody the characteristics that make these soldiers unique, and I am confident that I have grown into a man that could serve proudly among them. Unfortunately, as a kid I also did some childish things that are reflected on my record. I have tried unsuccessfully several times to join, unable to get the necessary waivers. I believe that all that Ive gone through to get to where I am will aid me in getting to where I want to be. I will not rest until I have exhausted every possible route into this elite community. Anyone with helpful advice is encouraged to respond.

Thank you

Re: SF Waivers

What kind of waiver do you require? If it has to do with criminal record, it would be hard to determine any path for you on this forum.

You can PM me and I will answer any of your questions and inform you of any options.

Comment

I'm just curious, did you recieve my reply?

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler.randy View Post
        I'm just curious, did you recieve my reply?
        No I did not receive it. Please send again.

Comment

Thanks for your prompt response.
          The waivers I require are for criminal matters. About 4-5 months after I turned 17 I punched a guy who was harrassing my girlfriend. Well, I punched him a few times and he ended up in the hospital and I ended up in jail. I was charged as an adult, and that has been the bane of my existence ever since. When I was 25 I was pulled over for "not turning on my blinker soon enough" after hanging out with my friends at a bar in Ocean City. As you probably guessed, my breath was tested and I blew a .12. I took the "First time offender program" offered in Delaware.
          Those are my crimes.
          I'm saving up to hire a lawyer to file a "corum nobis", its a motion used post conviction in cases of misrepresentation.

I understand that the objective of recruiters is to fill the needs of the units as efficiently as possible, meaning there is really no reason to waste time on a candidate that may be catagorized as "high risk". Now, I am trying every possible angle to get to where I believe I should be.
          Thanks again for your time.
          Randy

Comment

Unfortunately, those past charges will disqualify you for Special Forces (assault/DUI). If the assault charge was considered a felony, then you will also be ineligible for enlistment into the Army National Guard.

The Army National Guard is not accepting applicants with felonies.
            Last edited by SF Hunter; September 19th, 2013, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X