X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sf contract

I am currently in the tn national guard as an infantryman. If it would be possible, what would be the best way to go about getting into a ng sf unit? If this isn't possible without renewing my contract, what active unit would most likely be able to get me a slot?

Re: Sf contract

Originally posted by Bbeattytn View Post
    I am currently in the tn national guard as an infantryman. If it would be possible, what would be the best way to go about getting into a ng sf unit? If this isn't possible without renewing my contract, what active unit would most likely be able to get me a slot?
    Are you at least an E-4? I'm sure there is a SF unit with either the 19th or 20th SFG's relatively close to you(maybe 1 state over) that you could train with and if they think you have what it takes you can transfere to that unit and then they will send you to selection.

Comment

In order for you to pursue a career with Special Forces you will need to follow the below steps. You cannot simply transfer into or reenlist for SF.
      The first step is to meet the base requirements for Special Forces: http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...s-Requirements

Your closest options for trying out for Special Forces is Alabama or Mississippi.

You can PM me if you have any questions about the process.
      Last edited by SF Hunter; September 19th, 2013, 01:38 PM. Reason: updated info

Comment

Is the rank waiverable? I got a gt score of 114 and my last pt test I got a 296, however I am only an e3

Comment

Originally posted by Bbeattytn View Post
          Is the rank waiverable? I got a gt score of 114 and my last pt test I got a 296, however I am only an e3
          The rank can be waiverable, it will depend on the SF unit you are applying with.
          Last edited by SF Hunter; September 19th, 2013, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X