X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: S.e.r.e.

Some of us older gents from the Navy and Marine Corps went thru JEST school in the Phillipines (Subic/Cubi PT) in the 80's. I was equally bless to go thru JOTC Ft. Sherman in the 90's while attached 22 MEU (SOC) Camp Lejeune. After a few days with limited water and food you'd be surprise what you would eat. Country boy can survive....

Comment

If push comes to shove, then okay but to volunteer for it? I'll pass.
      Pretty much. Haha.

Comment

There are different Levels of SERE, that dont need to be confused with the other. Each level is designed for that specific purpose for the individual/unit. SERE 100 is the online version, SERE B used to be movies, class room and a FTX, SERE C etc..

Comment

Phantom hit the nail on the head... there seems to be be way too much confusion as to what each type of SERE training is, and what is involved in each, and where it is located. Perhaps it is better that way...
          Last edited by LRSU_Dog; March 21st, 2011, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
            There are different Levels of SERE, that dont need to be confused with the other. Each level is designed for that specific purpose for the individual/unit. SERE 100 is the online version, SERE B used to be movies, class room and a FTX, SERE C etc..
            You're right. additionally, what seems to be happening in the thread is it appears that people are beginning to think that this thread is only about S.E.R.E. training online. This was not the original intent of the thread. The link I posted at the beginning of this thread takes members to a website that gives you a glimpse into S.E.R.E. level - C training. I do not want people to think that S.E.R.E. 100 is the main route or even an alternative route to being accepted into and graduating from Special Forces, Ranger, Recon, Aviation training schools etc.

NOTICE: The SERE Level-C training course is for soldiers who are in a high- risk-of-capture category, which includes Special Forces, Rangers and aviators. The course is designed to give students the skill to survive and evade capture or, if captured, to resist interrogation or exploitation and plan their escape. The course includes a classroom phase, a field phase and a resistance training laboratory which simulates the environment of a prisoner-of-war compound.
            Last edited by VICEROY06; March 21st, 2011, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
              It is still no replacement for the real thing. You can't get 1/100th the same effect in virtual simulation, sitting at your computer in the warmth and comfort of your own home drinking coffee and eating a donut. As for women in S.E.R.E. there are women aviators in the Army that fly all kinds of military helicopters. My CPT on the ADOS side is a UH-60 and AH-64 pilot. Army aviators have to go through S.E.R.E. At Sapper Leader Course there is a small S.E.R.E. portion, and women can attend SLC.
              +1 with this response.

Comment

Working...
              X