Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ARNG SF Support Units.

Originally posted by teddy13bu6 View Post
    I take pride in my job, I continue till the mission is accomplished. I dont believe in slacking and relaxing, I like to get things done. Make sure there done right the first time, no time for double work. I'm not in the NG for a pay check, I'm here to serve my country. Be the best soldier I can be and get the mission accomplished effectively and in a timely manor.
    All of these means the exact same thing, its just fluff. What you wrote is the responsibility and duty of every soldier. I am not busting you because I know what you are trying to say. I am looking for the real reason you want this. Most every person that joins the military gives those same reasons. There are many, many units out there that are top notch and exceed the standard. I want to know why and what you are looking to get out of it, not a brochure. 20th is very near to my heart, and its not just a unit, its a family. You can answer in PM, and I will even tell you who to contact to go further to make this happen if you choose. I suggest you do a lot of research. Book, online, tv, and PT.. Go for a long run and just think... I will help you but request that you meet me half way.

Oh, and Chaplains lead the way or whatever Waiver4me writes..

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
      OMG - I am laughing so hard right now that I think I am crying !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
        seriously have you thought about OCS?
        Not interested Sir, WOC would be the only other option besides enlisted

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
          HOOAH, I like that motivation.

LRSU- my screen name was RE4-wavier4me, yes it was misspelled.

However, I got a waiver, enlisted, hooah, and became a chaplain candidate, hooah......going to reaccess as a chaplain in the next few months hooah!!!!

Become LT in APR oh yeah........

Phantom actually paid me a complement.......HOOAH, thanks Phantom!!!!!
          Last edited by Chaplain4me; January 30th, 2011, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Chappy, where is Chaplain BOLC located? VA?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
              HOOAH, I like that motivation.
              I know what I want, the key is getting there and making it happen. I'm surely not a 20yr lifer.... I'm a 40+yr lifer or until they med board me or kick my *** out due to age! Make E9, still got time push for SMA! My unit is full of guys with 20+yrs in as E4/E6. Who the **** would stay 20yrs to stay at those ranks? I'm sorry but thats not what I'm interested in. I have other reasons why i dont go OCS, My dad always told me,

" Teddy, you want to be an officer, go enlisted, dont be one of those office jockeys that think cause they got a bar or railroad tracks they are the sh*t. Go Enlisted, know what it is to be a grunt, then decide if you want to be the one to make a difference."

He was right, some of the best officers in the Military were enlisted. They knew how, where, when and what to do with and for there soldiers. Knew what there soldiers where capable of and how to utilize them. The OCS/ROTC route is not my goal, Maybe a specialty field being a WO, maybe.

Oh Sir, My Chaplain just graduated from Chaplain school. Me and him are the battalion historians, good man he is, very knowledgeable. We are currently documenting the unit history, recording it, and putting together the battalions history to post in our HHB. I built a few models resembling my unit in WW2, "Bronx Boys first to Shell Germany" YOU YELL - WE SHELL! If you like history, google: 991st FA in WW2.

LOL just my opinion.
              Last edited by teddy13bu6; January 30th, 2011, 03:24 PM.

Comment

I'll be out there for several months as well, AIT for 92F starting Aug....seems like everyone ends up in VA for a while, eh?

Comment

Got inpatient lol. I cant help it I love history

http://www.3ad.com/history/wwll/feat...es.11.5.44.htm

Comment

LOL just my opinion.
                    Yeah, I wish I would have started differently. My ETS date is 2038 HOOAH!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PALINATHAS View Post
                      I'll be out there for several months as well, AIT for 92F starting Aug....seems like everyone ends up in VA for a while, eh?
                      lol, all depends on MOS or AOC. We will be on different sides of the post though. AIT is in its own little section... Officer training is on the completely opposite side

Comment

Is this a post about SF Support? Chaplains? Ft Lee? Let me know so I can either change the Title? There is plenty of threads on Ft. Lee and Chappy hijacks every other post anyways... Stay on topic...

Comment

" Teddy, you want to be an officer, go enlisted, dont be one of those office jockeys that think cause they got a bar or railroad tracks they are the sh*t. Go Enlisted, know what it is to be a grunt, then decide if you want to be the one to make a difference."
                          Not always a true statement... first the comparison is apples and oranges in some respects, but the responsibilities of the Officers, Warrant Officers, NCO's and other enlisted are varied - and in many respects it is actually true to state that the lower enlisted are the ones who (impressionable as they are) have little or no understanding of the jobs of the others (NCO's excluded in this example - as the enl soldiers become clear in BCT as to who NCO's tend to be). The personalities of any should not reflect on how you view the entire group, and understanding the responsibilities of each group may help in understanding the reason for some personality traits. You do not need to defend your decisions on career path goals, and they may stay the same over time, or possible change depending on the experience you gain and how your circumstances may also change..

As to searching for a job with an SF support unit, Phantom has offered to assit (and he has a lot on his plate), and you should continue to follow-up with that. Once you cross the bridge from the conventional military to the world of Special Operations there are some subtle changes that you will see. You may decide to pursue SFQC one day, and if you are still strong on the WO route, this may be an avenue for you to pursue becoming an Executive Officer on a Special Forces Team. You may decide to follow a different route... who knows, that is the future... Options and opportunities will always tend to present themselves as time goes by.

As to your current goal, you seem to be pursuing this with a sense of purpose, direction, and with motivation. Best of luck - and if you use the help offered, especially from someone who is a subject matter expert and has many contacts to help you in this particular search - then you remove luck from the equation.
                          Last edited by LRSU_Dog; January 30th, 2011, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Agreed LRSU_Dog.

Comment

If you have any questions about being a support guy, PM me.

Comment

Working...
                              X