X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARNG SF Support Units.

Hello I'm interested in SF Support. Trying to figure out where and who to contact and what information I can get on what MOS slots are open and what are the requirements to get into a SF Support Company.

Thanks,

Re: ARNG SF Support Units.

Probably a state that has SF. Such as Texas, Colorado, or West by gosh Virginia.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
      Probably a state that has SF. Such as Texas, Colorado, or West by gosh Virginia.
      Roger Sir, Already tried that approach. I contacted a SF recruiter and never herd back after that. Called a few units but the only one I got a reply from was in CO, a support company there. The 1SG called me personally and asked if I would like to Drill with them for a weekend and see what they do? I really wanted to but the only thing is I would have to find my way from NYC to CO, I dont drive so thats out of the question.

Comment

You should also try to make a distinction between your desire to be part of a support unit that is part of the Special Forces Battalion - or if you want to be in a Special Operations Support unit... Yes a big difference.

For example:

An SF Support company (normally located with the HHC) will have MOS's that range from Commmunications, some Military Intelligence, Riggers, some Mechanics, and Admin (for example) and will work to support the Battalion that they are part of - or even be tasked out to support Group operations. This would be a unit similar to the one you talked to in Colorado.

A Special Operations Support unit (Such as the 195th FSC (SO)) is a whole different animal, in that they are everything from bricklayers to Riggers, to water purification - everything that a special operations unit would need to support them, be it SF, PsyOp, Civil Affairs, etc... A wider range of jobs that cover a wide range of jobs not normally covered by any one Special Operations unit. An example of this would be the 195th Special Operations Forward Support Company that was stood-up in Nebraska two and a half years ago.

http://news.soc.mil/releases/News%20...100524-02.html

Hopefully this will help you to expand your search a bit. If you were to search on Special Operations Forward Support Company, or Special Forces Support Company you might find some information to help you understand each and perhaps which is a better fit for your goals. Keep calling the units close to you, eventually someone will answer (unless they are deployed), you still may have to cummute a distance when you get things figured out, but possibly be able to stay east of the Mississippi and closer to where you live; best of luck.

Comment

I'm a little amiss because you are 13B. Why would anyone want to go SF when they are FA? jk--- just teasing. ????

going to another state every month would get old real quick for me. They don't have any high speed units there in NY? I would think they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
            I'm a little amiss because you are 13B. Why would anyone want to go SF when they are FA? jk--- just teasing. ????

going to another state every month would get old real quick for me. They don't have any high speed units there in NY? I would think they do.
            NY aint as high speed LOL. Most units here are ate up or the AGR Mafia aren't helping soldiers as they should. I'm looking for career advancement and training, something NY units are limited to due to funds and UIC's.

Comment

Originally posted by LRSU_Dog View Post
              You should also try to make a distinction between your desire to be part of a support unit that is part of the Special Forces Battalion - or if you want to be in a Special Operations Support unit... Yes a big difference.

For example:

An SF Support company (normally located with the HHC) will have MOS's that range from Commmunications, some Military Intelligence, Riggers, some Mechanics, and Admin (for example) and will work to support the Battalion that they are part of - or even be tasked out to support Group operations. This would be a unit similar to the one you talked to in Colorado.

A Special Operations Support unit (Such as the 195th FSC (SO)) is a whole different animal, in that they are everything from bricklayers to Riggers, to water purification - everything that a special operations unit would need to support them, be it SF, PsyOp, Civil Affairs, etc... A wider range of jobs that cover a wide range of jobs not normally covered by any one Special Operations unit. An example of this would be the 195th Special Operations Forward Support Company that was stood-up in Nebraska two and a half years ago.

http://news.soc.mil/releases/News%20...100524-02.html

Hopefully this will help you to expand your search a bit. If you were to search on Special Operations Forward Support Company, or Special Forces Support Company you might find some information to help you understand each and perhaps which is a better fit for your goals. Keep calling the units close to you, eventually someone will answer (unless they are deployed), you still may have to cummute a distance when you get things figured out, but possibly be able to stay east of the Mississippi and closer to where you live; best of luck.
              I have researched the difference between the two, I want to go ARNG SF SPT CO, not SPEC OPS SPT. Will keep calling on Monday. And I think that unit im interested in is down range still, SPT 3/20th.
              Last edited by teddy13bu6; January 29th, 2011, 07:07 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by teddy13bu6 View Post
                NY aint as high speed LOL. Most units here are ate up or the AGR Mafia aren't helping soldiers as they should. I'm looking for career advancement and training, something NY units are limited to due to funds and UIC's.
                Wouldn't you consider OCS or ROTC career advancement, in ROTC you could get your wings?

So you are going to move to FL?

Comment

Well Sir, ROTC/OCS is not my interest. WOC is a good possibility, but that I will consider later on in my career.

As for moving to FL, well I have a lot of Family and Friends there, they can help me get on my feet. Surely I can get into any IN/FA unit there, but my interested is in the BN SPT CO for the 3/20th SFG. Its a career step into the professional world of the Army over being in a LEG line unit.

Comment

Does NQP program apply to soldiers trying to get into a ARNG SF BN SPT CO? or is NQP only for soldiers trying to get SF Q'ed and TABBED?

Comment

SF Qual and Tabbed are the same thing, what do you bring to the table for being in this unit? There is a member of this Forum that is in that unit right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                        SF Qual and Tabbed are the same thing, what do you bring to the table for being in this unit? There is a member of this Forum that is in that unit right now.
                        Roger Phantom, I should have edited that SF Q'ed/Tabbed typo. Well I will keep it short and to the point about it.

Looking for Career advancement and looking to work with the best of the best. I currently been in the NG since 09/2007. MOS 13BU6, I will be going to SLICC course before the summer. Currently I have over 200 correspondence courses. I take pride in my job, I continue till the mission is accomplished. I dont believe in slacking and relaxing, I like to get things done. Make sure there done right the first time, no time for double work. I'm not in the NG for a pay check, I'm here to serve my country. Be the best soldier I can be and get the mission accomplished effectively and in a timely manor. All I have to offer is my word and my ability to make it happen.

Comment

I like that motivation...........though if you wanted to work with the best you'd become 56M!!! jk..........well not really. Sounds like you know what you want.

Comment

Thanks Sir, I take lots of pride in my work and my service The only easy day was yesterday...Today brings another day to excel and make it happen

Comment

seriously have you thought about OCS?

Comment

Working...
                              X