Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Improving chance of getting preferred branch...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improving chance of getting preferred branch...

Hello All,

I'm an Army Reservist, former guardsman, who has decided to go back to the guard. My MOS is 27D, paralegal, but think I'm much more interested in going combat arms as a branch.

I formerly served in an infantry battalion, and want to maximize my chances of getting infantry or cavalry branch after OCS; any thing I can do to help make that happen? If I got in a paralegal slot (or even a slot I'm not technically MOS-Q'd for) in an infantry or cavalry unit, would that carry any weight at branch assignment time?

Thanks in advance,

SSG DarthGall

Re: Improving chance of getting preferred branch...

Since the combat arms branches have the greatest need for lieutenants, you have a statistically good chance of getting a combat arms assignment, particularly if you ask. While enlisted service in a combat arms unit is not a formal requirement, if you do well, your chain of command may write a letter on your behalf.

Comment

Re: Improving chance of getting preferred branch...

It depends on how many Infantry Officer slots are available in your state. Also, if you know any of the AO's you may ba able to work something out where they can get you a para/line for an Infantry unit.

Comment

Working...
      X